So, when you go out Friday/Saturday night to the club, what music do they play to make you shake your booty?

Here's what's played over here (and in other parts of Latin America) right now:

Márama - Nena
Márama - Todo comenzó bailando
Márama - Loquita
(The above guys are basically Uruguay's version of One Direction)
Rombai + Márama - Noche Loca
Rombai - Curiosidad
Rombai - Yo también
Rombai - Locuras contigo
Joey Montana - Picky
Ricky Martin - Mordidita
Enrique Iglesias + Nicky Jam - El Perdón
Gusttavo Lima - Balada Boa
That pretty cool.

I live in in Texas, so our downtown clubs are full of latinos/blacks, and the culture of the music really reflects this.

What is played (really any club/bar you go to) is popular rap/r&b that is played on the radio, music which is probably mostly listened to by black/latinos. (hey, the white guys jam to it too, but it's clearly following a culture)

like drake, asap ferg, chris brown, etc
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Unfortunately when I was in high school and cared about such things, my area was inundated with like alt-rock and emo weird shit.

The shows were fun and energetic but the music itself really is not my bag.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by gonzaw at #33819954
So, when you go out Friday/Saturday night to the club, what music do they play to make you shake your booty?

Here's what's played over here (and in other parts of Latin America) right now:

Márama - Nena
Márama - Todo comenzó bailando
Márama - Loquita

What's the beat/rhythm called that they use in all of these? It sounds terrible because of the sampled instruments but the rhythm itself is kinda cool
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
What's the beat/rhythm called that they use in all of these? It sounds terrible because of the sampled instruments but the rhythm itself is kinda cool

That's cumbia

EDIT: Also yeah, the sound, and particularly the singing, is not really good in these ... but you get used to it pretty fast (after hearing it 20 times per day)
Last edited by gonzaw at Feb 7, 2016,
Quote by gonzaw at #33820198
That's cumbia

EDIT: Also yeah, the sound, and particularly the singing, is not really good in these ... but you get used to it pretty fast (after hearing it 20 times per day)

yeah it's like American club music (which is pretty much whats popular now). You know everything about it sucks but you hear it so much that you can kind of tolerate it and dance to it if you need to.
Maybe I'm just too accustomed with our party scene here, but I find these songs being posted hard to dance to :/

Every once in a while in our clubs they do put some "international songs" (like Justin Bieber's "Sorry"), but their rhythm and its effect on dancing just doesn't feel the same
This song was really big when I first started going to bars and stuff, and it was a pretty good way to get a bunch of drunk people to link arms and sing like cats screwing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv6dMFF_yts
Good times.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
at house parties in my neighborhood, they play a lot of cumbia, reggaeton, rap, and hip hop. oh and rancheras. and like 80's rock en espanol like caifanes, hombres g, y los enanitos verdes

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story