Page 114 of 114
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Went to the End of Ramadan buffet at one of my local favorite Lebanese restaurants. First time I've done that at any such place. Things I learned:

1) the End of Ramadan buffet KICKS ASS! There was a lamb in yogurt sauce so tender that it might as well have been a damn smoothie.
2) get there early, because some dishes are in limited supply. I got the last of the baked chicken, an hour before closing.
3) a good chocolate mousse (on their buffet) smeared on pita (on their buffet) is damn near as good as a chocolate eclair. (Our server said it kills with Nutella as well.)
Cool, never heard of an Eid buffet before since it's usually a family thing.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Dallas/FW has a pretty big but dispersed Muslim population, with many, many hot restaurants around the Metroplex being culinary/cultural standard bearers...at less to us on the outside. The place I went is the second location of a local chain, the first location of which has grown to swallow most of a small suburban block.

So there were lots of families in attendance, often taking up several adjacent tables shoved together. With all the kids running around, it was only a televised football or baseball game blaring in a corner away from being a typical American family reunion or Thanksgiving meal in terms of sounds and dynamics.

Well...there weren't any drunks, of course. And lots of Arabic being spoken, but other than THAT...
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I had Taiwanese fried chicken for lunch yesterday. So good.

Bf and I went to a Mediterranean restaurant for my birthday dinner. I haven't eaten at many places that do small plates but wow I wish it was more common - it's perfect for my appetite. We had seared halloumi with dates, pomegranate, mint, orange, and pistachios; squash blossom fritters stuffed with feta with red pepper sauce; and goat moussaka.

Then we went to a chocolate restaurant where I had what was probably the best dessert of my life. We did the chef's 3 course dessert experience which was churros in a chocolate-dulce de leche sauce, sticky toffee pudding with brown butter caramel sauce and ginger caramel ice cream, and petit fours (salted caramel and 70% dark chocolate).

Literally drooling just thinking about it again
cat
First of all, happy birthday!

Second, damn that chicken looks good!

Third, sounds like a nice Mediterranean spread as well!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Quote by guitarxo
I had Taiwanese fried chicken for lunch yesterday. So good.

Bf and I went to a Mediterranean restaurant for my birthday dinner. I haven't eaten at many places that do small plates but wow I wish it was more common - it's perfect for my appetite. We had seared halloumi with dates, pomegranate, mint, orange, and pistachios; squash blossom fritters stuffed with feta with red pepper sauce; and goat moussaka.

Then we went to a chocolate restaurant where I had what was probably the best dessert of my life. We did the chef's 3 course dessert experience which was churros in a chocolate-dulce de leche sauce, sticky toffee pudding with brown butter caramel sauce and ginger caramel ice cream, and petit fours (salted caramel and 70% dark chocolate).

Literally drooling just thinking about it again

I need ALL of your food recommendations for September.
Quote by Renka

Quote by OddOneOut
I need ALL of your food recommendations for September.

Sure thing. I have a spreadsheet of everywhere I've ever eaten at and places I want to visit so let me know what you're interested in trying and I'll do my best to find it! 

the Mediterranean place I went to is called Zaytinya and the dessert restaurant is called Co Co Sala. 

Also at many popular restaurants here you'll need to make reservations at least a week or two in advance if you are having weekend dinner/brunch, so it helps to plan ahead! 

cc: Xiaoxi 
cat
M00NAGEDAYDREAM

I'm a relative tyro when it comes to Korean cuisine. So, that looks tasty, but I don't know what I'm seeing...

guitarxo OddOneOut what's up??? You gonna be in DC?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
More Italian food cause why not:

We were supposed to go somewhere else but the place was full so we ended up just going to a place I go to often. Super good but I think I'm Italian'd out for now
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
got drunk last night, made a sloppy cabonara dish. highlights:

-used bacon instead of guanchale
-sauteed a buncha mushrooms cause why not
-added spinach and chicken stock
-didn't separate the yolk from the whites before tempering the eggs
-ran out of peppercorn, compensated by using way too much chili flakes
-threw it on top of a heap of goddamn rigatoni cause i hate you all
-topped wirh freshly grated kefalotyri cause i hate myself

all it was missing were some roman tears for garnish 🌚
..::fat
lard::..
Yeah I made a spaghetti bolognese last night but instead of pasta I used bread and instead of a beef sauce I used curry.

Sounds good though.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Sometimes, "making do" makes awesome.

It does for sure. Most of my favorite recipes are a little off the wall.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Xiaoxi
guitarxo OddOneOut what's up??? You gonna be in DC?
I am. Second week of September to visit a friend she moved there a few months ago so she's still discovering places too.
Quote by Renka

Quote by OddOneOut
I am. Second week of September to visit a friend she moved there a few months ago so she's still discovering places too.
oh coool! Let's meet up!! I'm sure Nini is down. We can nerd out over cars too.

Eats that comes to mind for DC:
BLT (my fav place) near Dupont, but this is expensive. It's a great, classic steakhouse. I think their steaks beat the rest. But expect to pay $60-70 minimum.
Sakuramen in Adams Morgan

Other than that DC is kinda meh for me. There's good food in the surrounding suburbs though.

As a gearhead you also MUST go to Katie's Cars n Coffee on a Saturday.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Today
>tfw not DC

Thank god in many ways, but still
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE