Page 3 of 133
Birria for lunch

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Last edited by M00NAGEDAYDREAM at Feb 8, 2016,
Microwaves can be handy for tofu (pre cooking it to get rid of water), rice, quick sponges and melting chocolate though. Also instant noodles. Also reheating delicious leftovers at work and making all your colleagues jealous
I'd miss it if I didn't have it.

Mm speaking of good food, there's a street food stall near my work that sells french/continental style dishes. Massive container full of stew/lamb chops/roast beef/some rice dish thing that's basically a french paella plus rice/mash.
Also went to a banging Portuguese restaurant in Vauxhall around christmas. The food was to die for and very reasonable.

Also I made a lemon and lime drizzle cake for work today and it was so fucking good.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

@moonage

^ fucking hell i think i can see the mitochondria

looks great tho

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Not bad KNucks...

I made hot pot recently. Not really that hard to put together...

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I just fried up some dried chili, garlic, and ginger in the pot to get some aroma going, and then put in the soup base to fry a bit with the aromatics, then a big carton of chicken stock.

As for sauce, you can see the sacha sauce can on the right

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Not bad KNucks...

I officially take back anything bad I've ever said about your car because I want you to dine me someday.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I officially take back anything bad I've ever said about your car because I want you to dine me someday.

Wait...you said something bad bout my car?

NO DEAL. OFFICIALLY BANNED FROM MY DINING TABLE.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Wait...you said something bad bout my car?

NO DEAL. OFFICIALLY BANNED FROM MY DINING TABLE.

I love BMWs! My parents owned one! It was one of those cool limousine type cars from the early 00s! We can talk about this!
Quote by K'Nuckles
Shove some Szechuan peppercorns, cloves and star anise in there too man. Five spice style.

eeh I find the peppercorn annoying in hot pot. It's already shit hot from all the dried chili and soup base... no need to exacerbate the situation.

But yea, star anise, scallion, and that dried nut thing shall be added next time...

Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I love BMWs! My parents owned one! It was one of those cool limousine type cars from the early 00s! We can talk about this!
Sounds like an e38 7 series.... the only 7er that matters. ok I guess. I may save a seat for you at the table.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Feb 8, 2016,
Do people bite into peppercorn? I always assumed they were similar to cloves. Otherwise they're not really spicy.
I'd use the peppercorn instead of the dried chilli, but yeah either or innit. Do you boil the eggs as they are or do you use them as a condiment? Idk if it's a Hong Kong thing, but my parents and their friends stick a raw egg in their bowls and mix with chilli oil and soy sauce and use that as a dip.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Do people bite into peppercorn? I always assumed they were similar to cloves. Otherwise they're not really spicy.

I don't like biting into them... they numb your mouth for a bit and it's distracting. Provides good flavor though.

Quote by K'Nuckles
I'd use the peppercorn instead of the dried chilli, but yeah either or innit. Do you boil the eggs as they are or do you use them as a condiment? Idk if it's a Hong Kong thing, but my parents and their friends stick a raw egg in their bowls and mix with chilli oil and soy sauce and use that as a dip.

Woah... I've never heard of eggs being used that way. I always boil an egg or 2 medium runny at the end to conclude the hot pot. It's the perfect last item!

btw... try slices of spam next. Trust me.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Feb 8, 2016,
Quote by Xiaoxi at #33821826
Not bad KNucks...

This post made me a mathematical prodigy and yell at my children to practice the piano while studying for the medical licensing exam.
Free Ali
Quote by OddOneOut

Also went to a banging Portuguese restaurant in Vauxhall around christmas. The food was to die for and very reasonable.

did they have francesinhas?
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
oh hi I love this thread (especially new years things that reminds me I wanted to try making pineapple tarts at home sometime!) unfortunately I never make anything during the day anymore and my apartment has real bad lighting so I kinda gave up on food pix lol I guess this is what snapchat is for!

today I made couscous w dates/dried apricot/shallots/tomatoes/ginger idk just whatever rando veg I had with a spicy yogurt dip except I forgot to take the burnt milk out of the yogurt but the burnt bits taste really good to me so I don't mind. I probably wouldn't serve them to others though just because they look like they don't belong in the yogurt. I'm making yogurt again tomorrow and I guess this time i'll try not to burn it....but it smells so good when it burns
cat
Anyway, I've mentioned ad nauseum how I'm starting to get into cooking. I'm gonna try making a stir fry tomorrow. Will update.
Free Ali
Quote by Xiaoxi at #33821826
Not bad KNucks...

fuuuuuuuuuuck
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Not the greatest picture, but this was my first attempt at seared ahi a few months back.

chris you better post pics of this damn stir fry
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by Hydra150 at #33822307
chris you better post pics of this damn stir fry

ok

I made two batches. One of beef and of chicken.
I oughta start giving a shit about my food photography but my DSLR was nowhere to be found and the lighting sucks in my house. Also couldn't be bothered with worrying about composition because I'm arranging my meals for tomorrow and cooking, okay?

Cooking is a blast. I'm glad I started doing it. I tasted it, and it came out pretty great, IMO. My parents thought so, too, but they're my parents, so...
Free Ali
Cooking Chicken Kievs tonight. Will post pics.

Won't be good pics though because I'm probably just gonna do potato wedges and carrots on the side. Maybe some peas.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Not a pic of my own, but I made this last weekend.

But that's not a haggis. I thought haggis was the only thing you ate.

Oh...you made it for a date, didn't you!? Did she survive until morning?

Seriously though...that's a damn fine looking stew. What kind is it?
Last edited by TobusRex at Feb 9, 2016,
Do you European guys eat many fried foods? Fried chicken, chicken fried steak, stuff like that? I know the Brits are famous for their fish and chips (to be fair its' pretty kickass).

You guys ought to try chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes with cream gravy. MMMMMMM.
Pretty much the only thing I fry is bacon and egg for a bacon butty.

Will sometimes do shallow-fried battered chicken with sweet and sour sauce.
Quote by TobusRex
But that's not a haggis. I thought haggis was the only thing you ate.

Oh...you made it for a date, didn't you!? Did she survive until morning?

Seriously though...that's a damn fine looking stew. What kind is it?

Shoulder of venison with a few spices(cumin + coriander seeds, chilli, bay leaves and cinnamon). Little bit of dark chocolate stirred in at the end.
that sounds awful
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
that sounds awful

Only a smidgen. Counteracts the spice just a bit so you get the flavour without your mouth being on fire.
Quote by RAB11
Only a smidgen. Counteracts the spice just a bit so you get the flavour without your mouth being on fire.

Yea, it's like 2oz of dark chocolate into enough of the stew for 6.
I've heard of people putting chocolate in chili at the end. I've heard it's pretty good. Sounds wrong though, like pineapple on pizza.
Quote by TobusRex
I've heard of people putting chocolate in chili at the end. I've heard it's pretty good. Sounds wrong though, like pineapple on pizza.

Only dark chocolate. Minimum 70% cocoa solids(80%+ if possible), otherwise it gets kind of sickly.
Quote by Trowzaa
that sounds awful

Its really nice though to be fair. As long as its really dark chocolate.

That dark chocolate you can buy with a hint of chilli in is also nice
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.