I am in the market for a new guitar and have it somewhat narrowed down. Playing them all before purchase isn't necessarily possible, so looking for some personal experience.

So I currently have a Gibson LP Signature T and an EVH Wolfgang Stealth with a Floyd Rose, both of which I am very happy with. I play through a 5150 III head and cab. I play a variety of music but mostly rock and metal with some blues in there.

I was basically just considering another Gibby LP at first, maybe an LTD EC 1000 now that the ESPs are quite expensive. However, a 'super strat' style axe which hasnt appealed to me in a while is really growing on me again.
Considering solid bridge or floating trem... really either-or as I already have a Floyd. I also tend to prefer 22 fret.

Here are some I have been looking at:
Charvel San Dimas
Kramer Pacer or SM1
Jackson Adrian Smith, Pro SC
Gibson LP Traditional

Thoughts? Best bang for the buck? The Neon green Charvel with colored pups could be so 80s and badass. But then I love my Gibson and could be willing to drop the money on another.
"When sh*t becomes valuable, the poor will be born without assholes."
Kramer and Gibson are both good choices, naturally :P

Jackson is alright nowadays, I suppose. Charvel is the one I am trying hard, VERY hard, to remember and have to look at it more.

Personally, go with what you wish to buy, mang. Your guitars, your playability

-Sharky
Get a Steinberger
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Ibanez Prestige RG would be my call.

MIJ Jackson DK2 and an OFR and spend the rest on a new amp

or maybe a strat or tele?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Not sure about availability in Canada but if you can find a used MIJ Jackson that is in good condition, say a DMKG or possibly and older model from the 90's they are usually very reasonably priced and offer a lot of bang for the buck in the used market.

I currently have 5 MIJ Jacksons and I paid $350 or less for all of them with the exception of my mint condition RR3 Eerie Dess Swirl that was $450 w/OHSC. I recently found a 1989 Charvel Fusion Custom for $350 which is currently in layaway (NGD coming soon)

Ibanez Prestige is a great choice as well although I can never seem to find one near me for less than $900.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by Evilnine
Not sure about availability in Canada but if you can find a used MIJ Jackson that is in good condition, say a DMKG or possibly and older model from the 90's they are usually very reasonably priced and offer a lot of bang for the buck in the used market.

I currently have 5 MIJ Jacksons and I paid $350 or less for all of them with the exception of my mint condition RR3 Eerie Dess Swirl that was $450 w/OHSC. I recently found a 1989 Charvel Fusion Custom for $350 which is currently in layaway (NGD coming soon)

Ibanez Prestige is a great choice as well although I can never seem to find one near me for less than $900.

We aren't Afghanistan
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
We aren't Afghanistan

Too bad you could be rocking out on one of these bad boys!

"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Feb 10, 2016,