Did you ever experience this? You knew that you were certainly overqualified for a task and had to endure it no matter what?

Im obliged to complete an english course in order to graduate. For sure I know I'm over qualified for it, however there is not much I can do about it. I have to endure 3 hours per week, for 3,5 months period...

/share.
Quote by arcanom
Mint and chocolate shouldnt be togather.
"Literally Worst Post of 2k16" approved by After Eight Lovers...
Quote by arcanom
Did you ever experience this? You knew that you were certainly overqualified for a task and had to endure it no matter what?

Im obliged to complete an english course in order to graduate. For sure I know I'm over qualified for it, however there is not much I can do about it. I have to endure 3 hours per week, for 3,5 months period...

/share.

The content of your post suggests you're not overqualified.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Everyone is overqualified and also underqualified

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I'm qualified to do about any blue collar job. However I have had issues (a few times) getting jobs in the past (when I was out of work and willing to do anything) due to what I guess is overqualified. It's stupid really...the people didn't want to hire me to learn something new because they knew I had a skill to go do something that could make more money any other day of the week. I guess just because i could make more money somewhere else, I wouldn't be dedicated to a new skill. They didn't directly say it, but I could tell just from talking and interviewing with them that was what was going on. It's like being typecast. Maybe this is the definition of overqualified and I'm not saying anything new.
Last edited by mattedbird at Feb 8, 2016,
Sometimes, employers say you're overqualified because they think you'll soon leave the job for something better. In most cases, I think it's just a polite way of rejecting people.

Imagine working with someone who thinks they're too good for the job. Employers don't wanna deal with that shit. I'm not saying that specifically about you, but it's a factor in their decision.
Last edited by sashki at Feb 8, 2016,
I am probably overqualified. I've gone to job interviews for stuff like McDonalds that I easily have the right skills for but haven't got the job because clearly I am too much of a genius and they can't handle my swag. I don't want fancy shit I just want money like come on.
I have nothing important to say
Quote by JackSaints at #33821937
I am probably overqualified. I've gone to job interviews for stuff like McDonalds that I easily have the right skills for but haven't got the job because clearly I am too much of a genius and they can't handle my swag. I don't want fancy shit I just want money like come on.

I did that stupid questionnaire thing you have to fill out when applying and got rejected

I'm not a good macdonalds worker apparently
I spent $10,000 going to school, an extra $150 getting an optional certification and a month as an intern and still wasn't qualified enough.

So now I'm just a janitor with too much time on his hands.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by slapsymcdougal
The content of your post suggests you're not overqualified.

amen
Quote by EndTheRapture51
hard sciences don't have correct and incorrect answers actually
Quote by Bladez22
I did that stupid questionnaire thing you have to fill out when applying and got rejected

I'm not a good macdonalds worker apparently

I always get rejected by supermarket questionnaires. I'm pretty sure you have to pretend to be really stupid in order to pass them.
I have nothing important to say
Not even being able to get a job at a supermarket is the most soul-destroying thing ever. Huu Jack and Bladez

I'm overqualified (and overpaid) for my current job but as a result I'm underqualified for any sort of career move that it would make sense to make. Or rather, I'm underqualified for my salary expectation as a result of being paid too much because I got moved into my current role from a higher-paid role as part of a TUPE. But then I only got the original job because my aunt was the boss.

Basically nepotism and laziness has fucked my life.
Quote by RAB11
Not even being able to get a job at a supermarket is the most soul-destroying thing ever. Huu Jack and Bladez

I'm overqualified (and overpaid) for my current job but as a result I'm underqualified for any sort of career move that it would make sense to make. Or rather, I'm underqualified for my salary expectation as a result of being paid too much because I got moved into my current role from a higher-paid role as part of a TUPE. But then I only got the original job because my aunt was the boss.

Basically nepotism and laziness has fucked my life.

This is funny because I've always heard people pronounce this as "toupee".
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by RAB11
As in a shit wig or as in 2pee?

The former. It makes it especially good when someone mentions in conversation that they were "TUPE'd" into their current job.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by RAB11

For the record I 2peed

Some people get a 'golden handshake', you got a golden shower.
Quote by Diemon Dave
TS has made 'over qualified' into two words in his explanation of how he's 'overqualified' for an English course

Yes. Wanting to apply for new jobs.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I've been overqualified for certain things and underqualified for a great many more. I think I enjoy the latter more.
Before I transferred out of my first high school, I was placed in remedial science simply because they ran out of room in Biology.

I fought with the teacher every day and was failing because I refused to redo all the shit I'd done in 8th grade.

Transferred to another school and all those grades disappeared. Couldn't take Bio until sophomore year tho. Got straight A's without ever studying or coming to school.

Chem the following year was more difficult because I had a crappy teacher half the year and she gave us constant pop quizzes involving memorizing the periodic table.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Before I transferred out of my first high school, I was placed in remedial science simply because they ran out of room in Biology.

I fought with the teacher every day and was failing because I refused to redo all the shit I'd done in 8th grade.

Transferred to another school and all those grades disappeared. Couldn't take Bio until sophomore year tho. Got straight A's without ever studying or coming to school.

Chem the following year was more difficult because I had a crappy teacher half the year and she gave us constant pop quizzes involving memorizing the periodic table.

Yup. Any decent chemistry teacher knows that memorising the periodic table is pointless. Kids will pick up an awful lot from it if you just teach them chemistry.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by arcanom

/share.

so many mistakes in this post why don't you write perfect english all the time if you're so good
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls