A band playing in the bar doing current country is going to be a very very bad band.
Another shitty classic rock band is going to be a very very bad band.

The band comprised of bluesmen, authentic genuine bluesmen with hats. The guitar player ignores the rest of the band and plays out of time like he's the only one. They don't know anything about what they're doing, that's going to be a very bad band.

Heavy metal band playing in a bar with big Marshall amps for a small crowd doing sloppy heavy metal versions of classic rock songs and some current heavy metal is going to be a very very bad band.

A group of children having trouble memorizing 10 songs for "our set "with the words and chords in front of them ,playing for free is going to be somebody I want to choke.

I've never heard live rap music maybe that stuffs really good live but it sure does suck recorded. Rap music is a contradiction in terms but maybe it's great live , hope springs eternal, I'm an optimist.

Electronic-a is not even going to be, a band. It's going to be electronic sounds generated by a computer and is going to be something I'm not very interested in except I am interested in the culture surrounding hip-hop. It's like a modern day Sodom and Gomorrah, it's modern-day disco with computers taking the place of the Bee Gees. Yes, the culture it's so wonderful. I remember when I used to dry hump on the dance floor. I did not need ecstasy I was horny enough to do that without drugs. I just wanted to have a good time and didn't Care. In the days of disco I went to a discotheque, twice that I remember. I was too cool for disco. I understand Bill O'Reilly frequented discotheques in his day, this is the difference between me and Mr. O'Reilly. KC and the sunshine band sound great compared to electronic hip-hop I think and they firkin royally sucked. Everybody get on the floor and dance.
Last edited by yope at Feb 8, 2016,
Quote by yope at #33821911

A group of children having trouble memorizing 10 songs for "our set "with the words and chords in front of them ,playing for free is going to be somebody I want to choke.

yope chokes children
I've never heard live rap music maybe that stuffs really good live but it sure does suck recorded.

Someone hasn't listened to beyonce's new single.
yope is cooler than Bill O'Reily
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Yopeiest thread yet
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by yope
I've never heard live rap music maybe that stuffs really good live but it sure does suck recorded.

this is one of my favorite yope quotes
Check out my band Disturbed
You just described most bands you'll find in a bar anywhere

what good ones are there? because you just ruled most of them out. Do not say the folk act, because folk musicians 9/10 cannot hold a crowd and everyone gets bored.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
I think all you said was that bad bands are going to be bad.

And some nonsense about Bill O'Reilly, but what can you say about the man that's intelligent?
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
My bar band was pretty bad. Message in a bottle shouldn't be that difficult... >.> I feel so embarrassed. The worst thing is that my band hates me because I always bring up the flaws.
can you start narrating your threads with vocaroo.com or something I'm too lazy to read works ty
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by Hydra150
can you start narrating your threads with vocaroo.com or something I'm too lazy to read works ty

I might give that a whirl . .. Might
Quote by Pastafarian96
You just described most bands you'll find in a bar anywhere

what good ones are there? because you just ruled most of them out. Do not say the folk act, because folk musicians 9/10 cannot hold a crowd and everyone gets bored.

yes, sadly it is true. If you walk into a bar and there is a band playing the chances are very very good they will be very very bad.
I, myself, personally, have been in about 30 bands. The first one was extremely bad. The second one was in between bad and fair. We had two good singers in the band and double barrel Vox super Beatle's. Third band was fair. We did all the Allman brothers jam songs complete with guitar harmonies and some Jethro tull. We had some really good drummers the bass player was fair, he never made a mistake is the best thing you could say about him. The other guitar player did all the singing. He was not a good singer. He was, a fair singer. He had good pitch, his phrasing was correct but the timbre and emotion was not there. He only had one lung. He showed me the scar. Massive is the first adjective that comes to mind.

I have been in quite a number of bad bands. Some bands that were not that great but had some redeeming qualities to them. A few good ones. I don't think I have ever been in a band you could call great.
After working in pubs for years and hearing bands play almost every night I'd be able to count and name maybe 8 great bands out of thousands of very very bad bands.