Hi guys,

getting married late this year and trying to fund a honeymoon to Europe. I have recently split from my band and entered into a writing phase of new material so I am thinking of selling my beloved Laney VH100R 100w Head and 3/4 Cab.

I am the only owner (and player!) of this beast and have looked after it well for some years. Bought it back in 2008 and I have all the original receipts and serials, etc.

It has been used for recording and local gigs, and never taken past 5 on the master volume (never needed to - this thing is LOUD)

Absolutely stellar amp. I Really really don't want to sell it but also feel like this might be my last opportunity to travel properly before I buy a house, etc.

Anyway, what would you think is a reasonable price to ask? I live in Melbourne Australia and haven't made the decision to go ahead with the sale or not. US dollar estimates are fine, I can convert

Cheers!
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
Last edited by bigtimmy at Feb 8, 2016,
Are you Brett Kingman?

It's a shame, they seem to have went up to $1500 USD from $1000 not too long ago (or maybe I am thinking of a different amp). Maybe they are discontinued. I really dig the sounds I hear from BK. I would try to avoid selling it but if you have to, you have to.

You might could start at $1400 AUD, $1000 USD. Not sure what the market is like in Australia, but I imagine they were a lot more than that a few years back, with import charges and whatnot.
Last edited by Will Lane at Feb 8, 2016,
check AU ebay completed auctions that have sold. In the US they are really a great deal used, they typically run $600ish
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
yeah i searched ebay (in Aus) but nothing out there resembling what I have. Yeah i also think they have discontinued the series, another reason i'm reluctant to sell. I freakin love this amp.
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic