So I found this picture of Dime with the dimebucker in the bridge but the pickup was upside down and I was wondering did he do that to all of his guitars and what it would do to his tone
They would be out of phase, probably. This is another reason why his tone was anorexic.

Theoretically.

Also, maybe he is standing in front of a mirror.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
No, in the picture the neck pickup has the duncan logo on the bottom while the bridge has it on the bottom.
Please link the picture and we can probably figure out what's going on.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
They would be out of phase, probably. This is another reason why his tone was anorexic.

Theoretically.

Also, maybe he is standing in front of a mirror.

flipping the pickup alone doesn't make it out of phase. you would need to flip the magnet or reverse the wires.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I remember reading somewhere that Dime fliped all his pickups around for whatever reason.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Flipping a pickup has no real difference in sound. It won't make it out of phase.
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
Quote by trashedlostfdup
flipping the pickup alone doesn't make it out of phase. you would need to flip the magnet or reverse the wires.

100 percent. Flipping the pickup does nothing to phase. Its the magnets or wiring that will do it.

This whole myth wouldnt exist if somebody put PGs neck pickup back in right when it was fixed up.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
FWIW Dime did install the Bill Lawrence L500XL blade pickup @ 180 degree flipped in the bridge position. He said they were too squirrelly when mounted normally.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge