Hey guys,

I know this isn't exactly the typical genre here, but it was a bit of an experiment.
It's an alternative/rock/edm/drum and bass type genre?
Wondering what you think?

Here
Last edited by Arby77 at Feb 8, 2016,
Oooh. Catchy beat that had me tapping my foot. Is that you singing? Because you have an incredible voice to me ^^ The adding of drum n bass didn't hinder it for me. I was jamming out and bopping my head along to it. I liked the whole piece. The phasing in of the electronic part worked well with the song, to me. The solo work was a bit undermined by the rhythm portions to me, but that's probably only me. I actually would have pulled back on the background sound levels a bit more and pulled up the lead more to give it that emphasis kick needed. Overall, 9/10 work and quality

-Sharky
Arby77,
I agree the vocals are really good! I think this song is awesome! I think it is radio worthy. Can't find anything significant to gripe about (though I could live without the f-bombs if I am hearing the lyrics correctly). Are you using a vocoder? Any way to download this tune? Perhaps you could review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1695931
Thanks guys, really appreciate it!!!

@CherokeShredder I wrote the piece on guitar, and ztar for the electronic lead bits then recorded the guitar/bass/harmonies/etc. The vocals are done by my friend KoetheKoethe who has some awesome stuff too if you're interested in hearing more of his (Here ). Appreciate the constructive comment, yeah I agree, the lead could be brought out a bit more.

@aaron aardvark Thank you!!! That's really high praise. We had a version were the chorus lyrics started with "Blacked out" as a radio friendly type version but unfortunately lost the whole project so it wouldn't be possible to change at this point without re-creating the song. It would be nice to have a version like that though if I could figure out how. Yeah it is a vocoder on the chorus and bridge. Sure! I just changed it so you can download the song. I will check it out and give you a review!
Last edited by Arby77 at Feb 9, 2016,
I actually like your stuff more than his, Arby xD His is just too soft and not near my decent ranges of music I set for my own self. Yours, at least, I didn't immediately shut off after, oh, 20 seconds heh

-Sharky
Arby77,
Thank you for the download! I figure you are triggering a synth (which one?) with the Ztar? What vocoder did you use? After I finish a song, I back it up elsewhere (CD or USB thumb drive) before I start a new song.
I need to really find a place to truly record my stuff. My college's computers and computer mics just will not do full justice
Aaron aardvark, sure thing! I appreciate it! The lead synth was an instrument called Monark I believe. Yes it was written/played on my custom Ztar Z6s. The vocoder was called Orange vocoder. I typically back them up too. This mix was done on the vocalist's computer and he can be a bit delete happy with "old" versions.

CherokeShredder, Yeah it's a difficult thing, I just record vocals in a small closet and try to digitally record guitar when I can to help with that.
Arby77,
Maybe the file is still in his Trash/Recycle Bin in his computer, if he did not empty the trash file.