everyone has their own thoughts,
and CDs,
but they're all fumes on the gravel,
under the engines and the horns.

you should have never come home,
they took down the lanterns years ago,
nobody strolled underneath them,
everybody drove.
hey this is great. you conveyed a rather complex philosophical insight without bogging down the poem in long explanations or jargon. I even like the bolded 'domestication' - it is the one word that has danger of feeling clumsy, but accentuating it keeps it nice and rhythmic.

there are just a few things. who is ludovico and why him? I don't really like the word 'roll' in the second stanza, and the semicolon in the first line of the third stanza might read better as a plain colon.

nice work
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Thanks a lot, fair shout on the semicolon, I think I'll change that.

Ludovico is a character from Thomas Mann's The Magic Mountain. There's a conversation he has with the protagonist Hans Castorp about the danger of being taken by music's easy beauty without a prior introduction to literature as an art form. He addresses Castorp only as 'Engineer' throughout, because he is a marine engineer by trade. I'm an engineer myself, it's my professional identity, and I wrote this partly using that book/character/dialogue as inspiration.