I'm currently looking for a good combo 2x12 amp. It will be for practice mostly. I want something that sounds great at all volume levels. It has to be versatile and be able to produce all sounds from blues to metal. I can sacrifice quality to one or the other if need be. I'm looking at spending up to 600$. Not opposed to a stack either if it's worth it. What ideas have you guys got?
Fender Mustang IV (V.2) 2x12 150W. A 4 Mode 4btn fsw and Fender FUSE software are included.

If you have an Android device get the REMUDA App from the play store.
Mustang v2 III/IV●EXP-1●FUSE●REMUDA●Yamaha THR10C
Epi LP Florentine Pro●LP Cstm Pros●LP PlusTop Pro●Sheraton-II Pro
Cstm Strat Vntg Noiseless●Guild D-55
So Creek Cables●BOSS RC-1●RS7500
D'Addario Strings●Vari-Grip●Planet Lock Straps
Last edited by MusicLaw at Feb 9, 2016,
Quote by HarleyDC
I'm currently looking for a good combo 2x12 amp. It will be for practice mostly. I want something that sounds great at all volume levels. It has to be versatile and be able to produce all sounds from blues to metal. I can sacrifice quality to one or the other if need be. I'm looking at spending up to 600$. Not opposed to a stack either if it's worth it. What ideas have you guys got?

A 2x12 is completely unnecessary for practice - it will just be much boomier. My advice is to get the best used Mesa 1x12 you can find.
Quote by MusicLaw
Fender Mustang IV (V.2) 2x12 150W. A 4 Mode 4btn fsw and Fender FUSE software are included.

If you have an Android device get the REMUDA App from the play store.

it seems like you post about the mustangs CONSTANTLY. they are not that great.

you can get something exponentially better than the mustang for $600.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
it seems like you post about the mustangs CONSTANTLY. they are not that great.

you can get something exponentially better than the mustang for $600.
As simple plug and play amps, the Mustangs are okay.

However, Mustang III/IV/V owners who have discovered how to unleash the Mustangs' deep Magic know precisely why they are so appreciated.

YMMV.
Mustang v2 III/IV●EXP-1●FUSE●REMUDA●Yamaha THR10C
Epi LP Florentine Pro●LP Cstm Pros●LP PlusTop Pro●Sheraton-II Pro
Cstm Strat Vntg Noiseless●Guild D-55
So Creek Cables●BOSS RC-1●RS7500
D'Addario Strings●Vari-Grip●Planet Lock Straps
Quote by MusicLaw
As simple plug and play amps, the Mustangs are okay.

However, Mustang III/IV/V owners who have discovered how to unleash the Mustangs' deep Magic know precisely why they are so appreciated.

YMMV.

Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by Tony Done
Yes, I was wondering why you would want a 212 for practicing. I would be looking for 12, tops.

agree. i have a 1x12 and a 2x12 amp but for home practice the 1x12 gets the most use. not that the 2x12 sounds bad at lower volumes or anything it's just that the 1x12 is more practical. 2x12 tube amps weigh a fair amount so just shuffling them around can be a hassle. i'd go for a good 1x12 and call it a day.
Yeah, Mesa F and DC combos hover around $600, and Rectoverb sometimes drop to that range too if you're patient.
odd man out , but I like my two 2x12 cabs in the house , but I don't have much noise constraint/restrictions where I'm at, although I still think they sound better at low volumes too .... other than the extra weight I would go 2x12 too
Last edited by Fumble fingers at Feb 9, 2016,
Quote by diabolical
Quote by dannyalcatraz

^ This

Also look at Orange Tiny Terror/Dual Terror and Egnater Tweaker.

And since we're talking about 1x12 vs 2x12, note that the V3 M also comes as a 1x12 combo:
http://www.carvinaudio.com/products/v3mc
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by Fumble fingers
odd man out , but I like my two 2x12 cabs in the house , but I don't have much noise constraint/restrictions where I'm at, although I still think they sound better at low volumes too .... other than the extra weight I would go 2x12 too

+1 I have a MESA Roadster Dual Rec 2X12 combo, it's great at low volumes and can hold it's own at a gig, not to mention that it has no problem powering either 1 or 2 4X12 cabs. It's nice to have options!

I agree it s heavy weighing in at just under 100lbs.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Thanks for the input guys. I really like the Marshall DSL40C "IF" I consider a 1x12 combo. Reason for the 2x12 thought is because my uncle wants to start doing gigs eventually and i don't want to have to buy a different setup just for that. I like that carvin setup btw danny.
Quote by HarleyDC
Thanks for the input guys. I really like the Marshall DSL40C "IF" I consider a 1x12 combo. Reason for the 2x12 thought is because my uncle wants to start doing gigs eventually and i don't want to have to buy a different setup just for that. I like that carvin setup btw danny.

you can gig just fine with a 1x12 combo. many bar stages these days are on the small side. that marshall will do you just fine for most situations.
Quote by Evilnine
+1 I have a MESA Roadster Dual Rec 2X12 combo, it's great at low volumes and can hold it's own at a gig, not to mention that it has no problem powering either 1 or 2 4X12 cabs. It's nice to have options!

I agree it s heavy weighing in at just under 100lbs.

My initial thought was to double the budget and buy a Roadster!

Roadster!!

Peavey JSX or Classic 50 (depends on what you mean by metal and if you want some pedals) both come in 212 and should work.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by metalmingee
My initial thought was to double the budget and buy a Roadster!

Roadster!!

Peavey JSX or Classic 50 (depends on what you mean by metal and if you want some pedals) both come in 212 and should work.

Way to much for me on the roadster lol.
Tech 21 Trademark 60, (12" speaker 60 watts)
with a Tech 21 Power engine (12" speaker 60 watts)
That would give you the two 12" speakers , you can add as many Power engines as you want.
Attachments:
tm60.jpg