Poll: is The End a good song?
Poll Options
View poll results: is The End a good song?
Yes
21 81%
No
5 19%
Voters: 26.
One of my favorites.

And he came to a door...

...and he looked inside:

"Father?"

"Yes Son."

"I want to kill you."

В словах есть что-то неприличное.
Last edited by Zaphikh at Feb 9, 2016,
It's quite haunting.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
lol 11 minutes what sort of weird ass loser listens to prog?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Definitely not a song to play at parties.
Quote by Zaphikh
Definitely not a song to play at parties.

If I owned a bar, it would be the Last Call song fo sho
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Oh, also this:

Quote by Banjocal
lol 11 minutes what sort of weird ass loser listens to prog?

If you could call it prog, it's one of the sloppiest prog compositions ever; the mood it exudes is particularly unique though.
Last edited by Zaphikh at Feb 9, 2016,
I like it a great deal. Greatest opening movie song of all time, too.

@Zap: I heard they used over a million gallons of gasoline for that explosion.
Last edited by TobusRex at Feb 9, 2016,
only good doors song is light my fire and only when it's performed by stevie wonder tbh

Yes, very much so.

Sure, Jim Morrison gets up his own ass and weird, but if you judge The Doors solely on his contributions, you're an idiot.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
Yes, very much so.

Sure, Jim Morrison gets up his own ass and weird, but if you judge The Doors solely on his contributions, you're an idiot.

I give Manzarek as much credit as I give to Morrison for the Doors.
Funny, I forgot about The Doors until I watched Apocalypse Now a couple weeks ago & was like "whoah this is cool guitar" & then the vocals came in & I was like "lol" -- how can you not laugh a guy telling you to "ride the snake / to the lake" I mean Jesus -- & then the next week I listened to "The End" a bunch of times. Anyway, I think it is a good song, but I don't really care about The Doors or Jim Morrison.
Quote by neidnarb11890
how can you not laugh a guy telling you to "ride the snake / to the lake"

you could either be (a) 13 or (b) stoned. my appreciation of the Doors used to be based on (a) but now is more based on (b)

I made this thread because I'm getting back into them and I came to this song and thought 'damn...this shit is kind of stupid.' it's nowhere near as good as their other long songs (Riders on the Storm) but still really good
Never really listened to them. I know my mom likes them. I don't know to what extent though.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
the whole song is pretty amazing but even if I don't feel like listening to the whole thing at times, I can listen to the jam from 8:40 and on, all day long
love me two times baby, once for tomorrow, once 'cause i got aids

that's the same song right?
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Never really listened to them. I know my mom likes them. I don't know to what extent though.

Did she ride their snakes?