Poll: What should I make first?
Poll Options
View poll results: What should I make first?
A/B Switch
0 0%
Loop Switch
4 100%
Voters: 4.
I'm starting a company for pedals and I need help. I only have enough funds to make a few muff style fuzzes and an auxiliary pedal.

That's where I need help

I can't decide whether to make loop switches or A/B switches.

Which one do you use the most?
Loop switch seems like it'd be more useful, especially if you can build two loops into one pedal.

I have an unrelated question (and you may choose not to answer this if you don't feel comfortable): Are the fuzzes of your own design, and are there any legal issues with selling clone pedals? I've been thinking of making pedals for sale but I'm not sure if it'll get me in trouble.
Quote by sashki
Loop switch seems like it'd be more useful, especially if you can build two loops into one pedal.

I have an unrelated question (and you may choose not to answer this if you don't feel comfortable): Are the fuzzes of your own design, and are there any legal issues with selling clone pedals? I've been thinking of making pedals for sale but I'm not sure if it'll get me in trouble.

Thanks, I was leaning towards the loop myself.

The answer to your first question is yes, they are of my own design BASED off of the muffs circuit design.

You can indeed clone a pedal, but there are a few things to that;

1. Just as long as you use the circuit and NOT the name or anything that the company has rights to (enclosure design, symbols, etc.)
2. Although cloning is in itself sorta looked down upon as a means of profit, I would clone JUST to have my own version for personal benefits (e.g. understanding how the circuit works to improve on it to make it better or do what I want it to do)
3. As stated above, there's nothing wrong with improving a design. In fact it is encouraged.
4. To take it lightly, where's the fun in cloning pedals?

Hope this helped you out some
Last edited by studuhbegger138 at Feb 9, 2016,
So wait, correct me if I'm wrong, but phase as in effected signal AND dry signal? That's a pretty cool idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Done
Good line selectors/loops with a phase switch aren't cheap, so something inexpensive like that could be useful.

Can't seem to find anything about that. What companies come to mind?

Some pedals invert phase, other don't, so if you have a blender loop, as in the LS-2, the loop can end up out of phase with the bypass. A phase switch on the loop circuit will fix that.

Here's an example:

http://www.brightonion.co.uk/blender-looper/

There are others.
i recently got a boss ls2. and i like it alot. i didnt think it would be as usefull as it really is. huge improvment as i dont always like using multi effect unit all the time, and like using just pedals.

cant you just use a loop switch as a a/b switch? they both function the same dont they?
id say produce loop switches( and send me one for free ill test it for you :P )
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
^^^^^I've got my LS-2 set up as a blender of bypass and loop. I've tried it with an OD and a reverb in the loop, and in both cases I've thought that there is some kind of enhancer effect going on in addition to the blend. - There seems to be something extra, it might be a small phase shift between the two signals. If you try the blend option (A+B mix -> bypass) I would be interested to know if you can hear any kind of enhancement effect. It could just be my imagination.
Well right now I need a looper and an A+B switch to finish up my setup. I guess Loopers r cooler.
..I was watching my death.
Thanks for the feedback. Sorry I haven't been active, busy with the baby and business plan.

I'm not familiar with the LS-2 as I've never owned one, but when I get my hands on one I'll definitely map out some interesting ways to utilize it and do some experimenting with it. I'll let you know what I come across.

I ordered the parts for the prototypes and with the green light from the wife, I'm gonna make both A/B and Loop, plus the muff inspired circuit. When this company starts taking off I'll hit you guys back about being testers as I already outlined in the business plan

Friend me, message me, whichever to keep in contact. You've all been a great help, thanks!