I am an intermediate level player and want to get a new amp. i currently have a Laney LX10 (10 watt solid state with 5" speaker) and play an epiphone les paul studio. i play mostly classic rock and hard rock plus a bit of folk rock, so i need both good sounding distortion and cleans. i hv a budget around $600 (but can push that if needed). preferably a tube amp. i want something that will last long term, like to play in the bedroom, but should be able to jam and play decently loud volumes like performing at school. i live in india. any suggestions?
thanks
Last edited by avgguitarist at Feb 12, 2016,
How's the used market there? They're a bit out of your budget, but a Marshall DSL40 or DSL15, a Fender Blues Jr and a Vox AC15C1 are all amps that could suit you, but you might not be able to afford them new. You'd also need an OD pedal with the Vox and the Fender in order to get proper crunch tones.

Jet City also makes nice, cheaper tube amps. If you can get your hands on a JCA50 combo I recommend you check it out.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
tbh the used market is terrible here. and i cant even find a jca or a dsl new

i was thinking how bout a tiny terror (either head or combo)
Tiny Terror isn't a terrible amp, but it's not ideal for cleans if I recall correctly. You have a Laney now, can you find other Laneys there as well? A VC series amp or a Lionheart could suit you as well. The Ironheart isn't bad either, but it has a fair amount of focus on metal tones. It can still pull off nice cleans and crunch.

Can you try out any amps? That would be the best way to go if your options are limited. Just try an amp, and see if it sounds good yourself.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here