A buddy of mine let me use his snark to do some tuning, I just started playing and have been using the tuner on my little amp. Apparently the tuner on the amp is pretty close, anyway the snark says 1st string C, 2nd string B, 3rd string F, 4th string C, 5th string D, 6th string D. probably something really stupid on the user, but its going to be hard to learn this way. I'm playing with a GRX70, new strings. Thanks for any help.
Dumb question: your guitar is supposed to be in E standard right? Just checking. CBFCDD doesn't make sense anyway, even if you were going for drop C metalcore or something.

I've heard that the Snarks are pretty crappy, but I haven't tried one. Do you have a smartphone? You can get pretty good tuner apps in my experience. You could also tune via reference pitch, but if you're a beginner that might be tricky.

And why don't you use the amp tuner, if it seems correct? What is your question here?
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
I guess my question is, why aren't my notes EBGDAE? I have been using the amp tuner, just tinkered with the snark out of curiosity.
Doesn't the tuner automatically adjust to what note it's hearing? Using your string numbering, the 6th and fattest string needs to be tightened to bring the note up to an E, 5th string is too sharp, so loosen down to A, etc.
I've had very good results with Snark tuners, I've purchased about 20 or so as gifts etc., have half a dozen lying around my guitar room and think quite highly of them. If your Snark tells you you're out of tune, you're probably out of tune.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
The only trouble I have with the Snark is when a loud bass cab is in front of it and playing while tuning .... I like them and have bought 4 of them over the years
Quote by Arby911
I've had very good results with Snark tuners, I've purchased about 20 or so as gifts etc., have half a dozen lying around my guitar room and think quite highly of them. If your Snark tells you you're out of tune, you're probably out of tune.

+1
I have a Son of Snark tuner and I have no issues at all with it. It is accurate, small and really cheap. I keep one in each of my cases
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Just user stupidity. When I changed the strings I used the amp tuner, my little amp only has a green light and a red arrow on each side. When I used the Snark it showed the notes...yea, strings were a little tight, all is good. Actually the smart phone tuner showed me the error of my ways. Just picked-up a guitar for the first time last week so I don't feel to tarded.

Thanks