Looking to buy a new (used) amp. I am getting rid of my Mesa. Thought about getting a rectoverb, just looking for other possible suggestions. I am only looking to spend 700-750USD. I will probably used CL, GC used and reverb as my avenue for purchase.

Amp needs to have two channels with a dedicated clean channel. Ideally I would want something that has high gain but sounds different than my block 5150 and JCM 2000.

Amp head only! if I can get something for less than 750 then thats just more money for pedals.

Thank you for the help and suggestions!

and...go!
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Last edited by bobafettacheese at Feb 10, 2016,
Try to find a used Fender Prosonic head. They can do the high-gain thing. Has decent cleans. Won't sound like a Mesa, Marshall, or JCM 2000.

My only other suggestion would be a used JSX.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
JSX and Carvin V3 for amps with different textures from what you listed.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
What about the Egnater Vengeance?

I assumed that the JSX would be sonically similar to the 5150. If this is incorrect then what is the JSX more akin to? I know that the JSX is highly regarded for its versatility, not to mention they can be found for great prices.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
Line 6 M13
JSX to my ears is a bit brighter than the 5150/6505, and it has a differently voiced midrange.

Egnater Vengeance is a solid amplifier. You might even be able to find a Randall RM-100 in your price range. You have a lot of options to be honest.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
I have already had a RM 100, great amp, but I just ended up spending more money in the long haul.
Line 6 M13
Right now I am leaning towards the JSX or used Rectoverb.
Line 6 M13
Laney IronHeart would be a cool option - never used one but good reviews.

Mark IV

Engl E-530 is in budget too.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
I would love to find a mark iv in my budget. I've never seen one that cheap though.
Never played an engl. How are the cleans?
Wait...isn't the engl a preamp?
Line 6 M13
Last edited by bobafettacheese at Feb 10, 2016,
Quote by bobafettacheese
I would love to find a mark iv in my budget. I've never seen one that cheap though.
Never played an engl. How are the cleans?
Wait...isn't the engl a preamp?

Shit, you're right. The Engl is just a pre-amp - been a long day!
Guitars:
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
Seconding the suggestion of checking out Carvin.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
No worries man!
I've tried s lot of amps so I'm just looking for variety to what I already have. I appreciate the help thus far.
Line 6 M13
How about some mini amp heads? It looks like you could do with smaller wattage since you have the big beasts covered.

I picked up a Mesa Mini Rectifier and like that a lot. Maybe Orange Dark Terror or Tiny Terror head or a Carvin V3m.

For different texture Laney AOR if you can find one or something more classic like AC30 or 50 head.
I had an AC15 at one time and loved it. I am intrigued about the lunchbox style amp heads, however I feel that I would miss the low end that I get from my full size heads. I will admit that I have never played a lunchbox amp head through a 2x12 or 4x12 though. Thoughts?
Line 6 M13
I believe the issue is the 15W heads don't have enough power to reproduce the low end frequencies at volume.

The bigger cab may help some but there's just not enough juice to push the speakers at those low frequencies - someone may pop in with the math.

Now enter the Peavey 6505 guitar subwoofer at 300W. This thing will boost the shit out of the mini amps in the low range.

Check out the video of the 6505 Pirahna head with this thing.

Probably not a good solution for what you're looking for.
Guitars:
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
Yeah that is what I was afraid of. I don't want to sacrifice the low end, my ears are used to it and my playing has adapted so going the opposite direction, may be fine, but sound-wise I know I would be leaving something out.
Line 6 M13
Good to know, however if I do go the rectifier route again, it will either be a rectoverb or tremoverb. I might venture from the norm and look into the F series and DC series.
Line 6 M13