Hi all,

I just thought I'd share with everyone my experience of upgrading my dusty old Yamaha ERG 121.

I got it about 10 years ago and for the last 5 has been sitting in a cupboard somewhere. It was time to give it a new lease of life & the results are in the video below.

It was really fun doing it and I didn't find anything too daunting despite lack of experience.

Pretty much all the parts off eBay including the Warman Humbuckers which I'm really impressed with.
I stumbled across this forum whilst looking at how to upgrade/what to upgrade etc so if anyone has any questions about what I used or how I went about it I'd be more than happy to answer them. I'm not claiming to be an expert by any stretch of the imagination!

Cheers,

https://youtu.be/YFqLwmhTF8c
Looking great man! I like the tones as well, you did a great job.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
Thank you very much, I appreciate it! It was just a quick recording as I just wanted to finally get the video up! Liking your gear list BTW, I love boss stuff. What have you done to your squier out of interest?
Thanks, my gear still needs some work but I appreciate it .

My Squier has a black graphite nut, locking black tuners, a new wilkinson trem with a steel block and nice saddles, it's a hipshot style, also black. I have a purchased a tortoise shell dual humbucker pickguard as well, I just need to get the new pots, switch, wiring, output jack and pickups to wire into it all, at this point I am also going to sort out the fretwork aswell.

I will make a thread when it's all finished, it is a complete overhaul and hopefully will be interesting to people.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb