I did a set up on my jazz deluxe today, and decided to really lower the action to be able to slap, i followed the steps that are on fenders website and it worked just fine, my bass plays alot smoother then before.

i'm just a little concerned now that there's more relief on the neck ? is it bad for the guitar ?

It's about 0,30mm at the 8th fret while having a capo at the first fret and my low e pressed down at the last fret
That's about how I set my necks. I don't even measure them anymore. I just look for the teeniest sliver of light between string and fret.

It won't hurt anything. Added relief straightens the neck. Better for the neck to be straight than bowed.
"Quick to judge. Quick to anger. Slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand-in-hand."
- Rush, "Witch Hunt"
Quote by deeptubes
That's about how I set my necks. I don't even measure them anymore. I just look for the teeniest sliver of light between string and fret.

It won't hurt anything. Added relief straightens the neck. Better for the neck to be straight than bowed.

Ok thanks for the quick reply, by saying it would be better to have the neck straight then 'bowed' you mean like a backbow right ? upbow/relief would be ok then.
^yes. Relief (upbow)is when the neck bends to the front of the body, closer to the pick ups you could say, and (within reason) is good. Most luthiers do set ups with the assumption that the player wants some relief. Recently many people have been going for the "dead flat" approach.

Back bow is when the neck bends the opposite way and is always bad (for both playing and the health of the instrument )

A little relief is good especially depending on how your strings sit on the nut. It's gonna stop buzzes on the lower frets
Remember if you change the gauge (Thickness) of string this will also alter you action, heavier gauge pulls in the nick more and the reverse with lighter gauge.
I use a micrometre to measure the thickness so as to maintain the action.
One thing that I do when buying a new set is to get a o.55 instead of the 0.45 'G' that most bass sets come in this does make the G punchier.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn