Hi guys. I plan on buying a focusrite scarlet 2i4 soon so that I can start recording, and I wanna know what you would recommend I get for a good DAW...

Money is not an issue, so forget about the budget... I'm just really looking for good features, but most of all, a user friendly type of deal. I realize you have to take the time to learn so that you can get good at this kind of thing but the quicker I can pick up on things, the better.

I know that I can use Reaper in the beginning to get my feet wet, and I think I may still go that route, but here are a few names that have been circulating in my head, and I wanna know if any of you have had any experience with them...

1: Reason 8 (for some reason this one interests me)

2: Omnisphere 2

3: Ozone 7 advanced

4: Studio One 3.0 Professional

5: Live 9.5 suite

6: Sonar Platinum

7: Komplete 10 ultimate

Can you guys give me some recommendations? ^^^
If price is not an issue, why go with that interface? I say get RME, MOTU or UA.

User friendly? That's a term you can stretch, I guess...I find S1 moderately user friendly, friendlier than reaper for sure, but I'd pick quite a few DAWs as friendlier than Reaper. I don't find it very friendly but it is relatively cheap and it has a decent set of tools.

Digital Performer or Logic on Mac are a good value if you want to make the jump to Mac.

Studio One 3 is great, I am on that now.

Pro Fools is you see yourself working with studios all the time. There was a time of my life when I did that and not having Pro Fools was a nightmare between sessions.
I loved their HD setup, hated the converters, but the rest was quite stable. Avid are kinda a bit too proud and snotty about their workstation so can't say they are a peach to deal with but overall it is pretty solid.

Samplitude is also worth a look if you're looking for high end DAW:
http://www.magix-audio.com/us/samplitude/
It is a bit quirky (to me) in the beginning but it has everything. It was pricier ($1000) so the price drop actually makes me consider it for the next upgrade.

The Ozone plugs are fine, especially their mastering suite, there are a few things on there that I like.

Sonar is pay as you go now only (I think) so probably no, although I've used it up to ver. 9 and it was OK but it had some quirks that threw me off once I went on S1, like importing channel setting, it wouldn't do it right.
Cubase is popular but I had some issue with their software and the support team was awful, basically at the end just gave up and told me to buy one version up while the issue was definitely on their software end.

I hate Ableton with a passion, to me that is strictly electronica/DJ workstation and will probably only work on it if I am composing some synthdub, or other forms of electronic farts music. Last I worked with it, couldn't handle meter changes in a song, so say you have 4/4 and want to go to 7/8 - no way Jose. What you start with is what you get. So if you want to stick in a 3/4 part in a 4/4 song - you'll have to manually do the math and get it to work. For the crazy $$$ they want for it, that was ridiculous. They got my money once, and I was done with them for good.

Maybe some orchestra/synth libraries? I like IK Miroslav Philharmonic and their Sampletank synths. Or bundle?
I was able to buy it cheap with midi keyboard which was included when they run specials around New Year. Price is a bit high but they sound really good, maybe the whole bundle:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/totalworkstationxl/

The Komplete series is also quite popular:
http://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/bundles/komplete-10-ultimate/

Maybe a drum software sampler? Those can get pricy, but a good start would be something like EZDrummer, even though Studio One has a built in "Impact" synth which you can load with your own drum hits and program with that.
Last edited by diabolical at Feb 10, 2016,
I use Reason for anything midi based and it's fantastic, but I wouldn't say it's the best when it comes to recording audio with actual instruments. I can't get into Ableton and I haven't tried any of the others, but I've heard good things about Studio One. But if you're using a Mac, Logic Pro X is fantastic in both departments and only costs $200.
My last pay check was $9500 working 12 hours a week online. My sisters friend has been averaging 15k for months now and she works about 20 hours a week. I can't believe how easy it was once I tried it out. This is what I do..
Clik This Link inYour Browser....

► ► ► ► http://www.FreelanceJoin.com
Quote by DeathShredder23
Hi guys. I plan on buying a focusrite scarlet 2i4 soon so that I can start recording, and I wanna know what you would recommend I get for a good DAW...

Money is not an issue, so forget about the budget... I'm just really looking for good features, but most of all, a user friendly type of deal. I realize you have to take the time to learn so that you can get good at this kind of thing but the quicker I can pick up on things, the better.

I know that I can use Reaper in the beginning to get my feet wet, and I think I may still go that route, but here are a few names that have been circulating in my head, and I wanna know if any of you have had any experience with them...

1: Reason 8 (for some reason this one interests me)

2: Omnisphere 2

3: Ozone 7 advanced

4: Studio One 3.0 Professional

5: Live 9.5 suite

6: Sonar Platinum

7: Komplete 10 ultimate

Can you guys give me some recommendations? ^^^

1) Omnisphere, Ozone and Komplete are not DAWS, so scratch them off the list.

2) Your MAIN concern should be stability and performance, not ease of use. Reaper runs exceptionally well on PC's, more so than any other daw. That being said, with a good system, Cubase, Studio One, Reason etc will run well too. You should download some demos to see which you prefer and wether they run well on your system. Reason and Live are more geared towards composing with synths and VI's - so if you plan simply recording rock songs with a live band those are terrible choices.
I've seen and heard of Studio One before, but not in a long while. Heard it was very good for what its purposes were

-Sharky
I started off with Pro Tools but I have come to hate Avid as a company going back on their word on various things and generally treating their customers like shit. I have since switched over to Logic and have not looked back ever since Avid released the joke of a paid upgrade Pro Tools 12. Freeing up a USB port from not needing that stupid iLok anymore was also a plus for me. Logic is awesome, and comes with so many cool tools right out of the box, and it has been continually updated with new free features since I got it.