Poll: Was this a decent pickup?
Poll Options
View poll results: Was this a decent pickup?
Yes
1 50%
No
1 50%
Voters: 2.
Hello everyone here at UG. Short intro to my first post. My name's Mitch, i'm 18 years old and i'm going into the Navy this year in August as an IT. My step brother introduced playing guitar about 6 months ago and I started playing seriously for about 4 months now. I turned 18 last week and he took me to the Guitar Center today for my birthday and said to pick any guitar within about $100-250 for a beginner guitar. I picked up this Ibanez Gio GRG20Z. I played every guitar there in that range and this one just spoke to me. I felt so good while playing it and wasn't missing like any notes on this. I only knew a few metallica riffs, some basic chords, but wanted to know others opinions on this guitar.
Attachments:
php8giP69PM.jpg
Last edited by godzodis at Feb 11, 2016,
Congrats its always nice when you find one that speaks to you, you mentioned $100-$250 range how was actually paid? That has a lot to do with if it was a good deal or not!

For $100-$125 I'd say yes especially if it spoke to you, but if it was $200- to $250 I'd say no, especially considering that GC regularly has MIJ Jackson's or Ibanez RG models for in the $250-$350.

But considering that it was a gift and it spoke to you sounds like a win/win to me!

Congrats on finding an axe that fells great to you, you should get a few more pics and post them and a review as a new guitar day thread in the electric guitar forum!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by Evilnine
Congrats its always nice when you find one that speaks to you, you mentioned $100-$250 range how was actually paid? That has a lot to do with if it was a good deal or not!

For $100-$125 I'd say yes especially if it spoke to you, but if it was $200- to $250 I'd say no, especially considering that GC regularly has MIJ Jackson's or Ibanez RG models for in the $250-$350.

But considering that it was a gift and it spoke to you sounds like a win/win to me!

Congrats on finding an axe that fells great to you, you should get a few more pics and post them and a review as a new guitar day thread in the electric guitar forum!

It was $200 brand new. They had a Jackson that looked exactly the same, but it didn't feel right, didn't seem like I was holding MY guitar. This one just felt great holding, when I practiced the riffs I know, I was hitting every note like I was born to play, haha. It is my first guitar so i'm not too worried about if it was a bad pickup price wise. I'm enjoying it tons already.
Quote by viennasunsetb
Mate, nice one! An old friend had one similar, but with a collapsible bridge! Love and peeece xxx

That's awesome!

peace and love