Hi.

I downloaded the demo for Two Notes' Wall of Sound III plugin, and I have to say I'm very impressed with the interface. It offers a ton of customization and tweaking and allows you to smoothly run multiple cabs and mics at the same time. The demo only has two cabs - a marshall and a hiwatt - but I'm more interested in the heavier 412 sims, like Mesa, Engl and the Uber.

I've been using freeware cab impulses so far, mainly God's Cab and the Redwirez marshall cab. While I can get nice results with those alone, the Torpedos interface and flexibility wipes the floor with what I can do in LeCab. I don't really have any experience with retail cab sims, so I have no idea what is considered a "fair price". The torpedo cabs cost about 8 bucks. While it doesn't seem much for a cab, the price quickly goes up to what I consider pretty damn expensive if I want buy multiple cabs.

So, what I'm asking is, do you think that spending 8$ on a single cab IR is worth it, considering I get to use it with a great interface that offers a lot of tweakability and let's me use a single cab for a wide array of different tones? I know that people deem stuff like Rosen Digital pretty pricey, and it's also 8$ per cab. But they don't have the software Two Notes has, which makes a world of difference.

Of course, if you want to recommend some free cab sim packs or something feel free to do so, I've scoured my way through the resource thread, and God's Cab+Redwirez are what I ended up with.

Thanks.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
hmmmm well I paid $35 for my current cab pack for my Axe so it's really up to you man.
How many different IR's come from each cab?

The ML Blub one I bought has 728 IR's to mess around with.
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
Quote by Kyleisthename
hmmmm well I paid $35 for my current cab pack for my Axe so it's really up to you man.
How many different IR's come from each cab?

The ML Blub one I bought has 728 IR's to mess around with.

If I understood correctly, which I might not have, you get that one cab impulse that you can manipulate freely in the Wall of Sound software. So instead of free cab impulses, that come with a huge pack of IRs for different mics and placements, the torpedo cabs come with that one IR, but the software itself has a bunch of mics that you can use and position freely, kind of in real time.

And I think that the difference in quality between it and the Axe is pretty big, so I'm not sure how that compares. I'm still running comparisons between the WoS demo and free IRs, and there isn't actually a huge improvement in sound quality, even though the interface is great. So I might stick with free ones.
Quote by Jet Penguin

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
I honestly don't see why you'd want to have that many cabs. I have tons of IRs but for mostly everything what works best is a 1960 cab with sm57, Sennheiser e609 (both on grille) and 414 about an inch from the cab. Mix and match to taste but it has covered pretty much all styles I've needed. Once in a while maybe a Jensen IR for extremely clean stuff but that according to your description is 2x$8 so $16 doesn't sound bad, might as well purchase it.
Quote by diabolical
I honestly don't see why you'd want to have that many cabs. I have tons of IRs but for mostly everything what works best is a 1960 cab with sm57, Sennheiser e609 (both on grille) and 414 about an inch from the cab. Mix and match to taste but it has covered pretty much all styles I've needed. Once in a while maybe a Jensen IR for extremely clean stuff but that according to your description is 2x$8 so $16 doesn't sound bad, might as well purchase it.

I probably don't need that much in the end, but I like having options, and I'm still comparing different stuff to find out what I like most. I have over 20 days left in the trial so it should be enough to make up my mind. And the plugin would be just an another useful tool to have, just in case.
Quote by Jet Penguin

Quote by Hail