so after months of going back and forth I finally decided that it was time to retire the old 5150. so I got his younger brother instead!!! enter the 5150iii 50w in ivory!

this thing absolutely kills! also for 50w this thing is friggn LOUD. I played one a few months back at a guitar center and was completely blown away by the tone and the versatility of the amp. it has characteristics of the original 5150 and the 5150ii but at the same time it is its own beast. kudos to EVH for shipping with JJ tubes too. that sure beats peavey shipping with ruby or most other amps shipping with Chinese crap.

anyway here is a short review
channel 1.
clean clean CLEAN!!!! I have most of my controls set at noon and I'm surprised how clean this thing stays. its not glassy at these settings but with a few tweaks I can get it there. I'm playing through my main guitar which is a Michael Kelly custom tele with Seymour Duncan pups. gorgeous tone add some delay and chorus and its instant 80's butt rock cleans. I love it. if I push the cleans a little the break up is nice and makes for a decent classic rock rhythm tone.

channel 2
the perfect rhythm channel for me.... plenty of gain on tap but clear and easy to manage. the amp is extremely responsive to my playing and the dynamics are on point. this channel can get chuggy and downright nasty but its perfect for my needs in a classic rock/ hair metal cover band. it just has "that" tone

channel 3.
gobs of gain. more gain than anyone would ever need. lets be honest here. its a lot of gain. I keep the knob at noon and don't even bother with a boost. a bump in the mids and you will soar for leads and cut right through any mix. fantastic channel

overall
I am a huge fan of Eddie... I've always loved the amps and the tone. the whole thing but I understand that the old amps were kind of one trick pony's. I believe that Eddie nailed this one on the head. you can feel the quality in this amp.. that goes with anything evh IMO. the old 5150 heads were like tanks and the new one seems to follow that mold. superb job by fender and evh on this design. I'm truly glad I picked one up.

now pics!!!!

Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
Nice score man! Those 5150s are sweet amps for sure.

HNAD
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Congrats!

Now...unleash your inner Atomic Punk!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
thanks fellas
I cant stop playing it
Live Rig

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

that's my next purchase
Live Rig

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

Good plan
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
HNAD

Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I do want the matching 2x12. I really like them they sound really good. Also their construction is on point.
Live Rig

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

Congrats, it is a bad ass versatile amp.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Sweet, always been a fan of those amps HNGD
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
sweet amp !! .. would love to get my hands on one ...... just how does the eq on channels 1 and 2 work ??..... is there a push pull or something or are the EQ and volume the same for both channels ??
HNAD!!! I love my 100 watt They're crazy loud beasts!

Quote by ambler3
If you can, try it with the matching 2x12, I've heard apparently they work very well together, better than a V30 cab in some peoples opinion.

Thats what I've heard... I've never actually had the chance to try mine with a matching cab, but I'm always on the lookout for a used 412.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Quote by Fumble fingers
sweet amp !! .. would love to get my hands on one ...... just how does the eq on channels 1 and 2 work ??..... is there a push pull or something or are the EQ and volume the same for both channels ??

first of all.... many thanks to everyone!!!

to answer the question. no it is a shared eq. whatever you set it to is what you get for both channel 1 and 2. just like the 5150ii/6505+. but IMO the cleans are better on this than the others.
Live Rig

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

NNAD! i haven't tried the 50w, but the 100 is a beast. i am sure that it is awesome.

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
nice choice! that is one sexay beast!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
thanks everyone..i highly recommend trying one out to those who haven't done so yet. I just signed on to play in a second band and now I truly get to test out the versatility of this thing. band one: classic rock/hair metal
band two: party punk band
Live Rig

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

I love my MK guitar. superb construction and great prices
Live Rig