Hi guys, wanted to get some expert options on a few new Amp options.

So a little bit of detail, play mostly in my home studio/man cave so want something with a hit of flex at low levels, genre is metal / high gain music, this new amp is going to be coupled with a 2x12 Orange PC212 closed back cab. Budget up to £1100

So looking at either Hughes &Kettner Grandmiester 36 or Blackstar Series One 1046L6, although options are very welcome. What are your opinions of these amps, work for my needs and worth a look at?

Cheers gents
could you list some bands when you say "metal/high gain music"?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
A buddy of mine just got the 50 watt EVH 5150 III, and that thing kills.
Gibson Les Paul 60s Tribute
Jackson King V
Peavey Valveking 100
Ampeg VH140C
Boss TU-3 Chromatic Tuner
MXR ZW-44 Overdrive
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Digitech JamMan Solo XT
Peavey Vypyr VIP 1
Normally the PPCs come loaded with V30s IIRC.
I would look for a 5150/+ or 6505/+. Those can be had for fairly decent prices and work well for metal. My 5150 sounds great through my V30 loaded Mesa.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Maybe a mini recto/Mark 5 or something too?

Got loads of great options in that price range tbf
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus