http://matchthemaster.amplifiertv.com/channel/Raggashaggas

have a look! you basically film yourself playing riffs from the new Dream Theater album, which you learn by EYE and EAR watching videos John Petrucci provides. It's quite a challenge for someone keen on improving their musicianship and ear training/transcribing skills. Have a look and throw me under the bus or critique me, etc... Thanks!
Why should I vote for you? I don't know you.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
How do they know people aren't using tabs? Surely someone has tabbed most of the album by now.

Also seems kind of easy tbh. Actually playing the riffs is probably hard, but you have a video AND audio that you can slow down and get everything note for note.
Last edited by MeGaDeth2314 at Feb 11, 2016,
1. it's not a voting system.
2. this thread is for my own promotional use
3. show me the tabs then. I don't see them anywhere... I personally learned them by ear and video.
4. why don't you dudes try?
I would rather John Petrucci learn my songs and I can give him a set of my old used guitar strings as a prize
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
I would rather John Petrucci learn my songs and I can give him a set of my old used guitar strings as a prize

maybe then your music and guitars will actually sound good
what is your stance on farming subsidies?
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo
what is your stance on farming subsidies?

That's a great question, and an important one. So glad you asked! I DO have a stance on farming subsidies, but let me take a step back and ask, what are ALL our stances on farming subsidies? As a nation? As a world? I'm sure if we all work toward a common goal, then we can reach a verdict on farming subsidies. But I ASSURE you, jakesmellspoo, that the answer to your question can be found here:

http://matchthemaster.amplifiertv.com/channel/Raggashaggas
Quote by grungerag13
2. this thread is for my own promotional use
You say this as though it's allowed here.

I'm not sure why that other guy didn't get locked out tbh.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Joshua Garcia
You say this as though it's allowed here.

I'm not sure why that other guy didn't get locked out tbh.

And that's a problem why? Shouldn't we ALL be supporting each other's musical endeavors? This shouldn't be a competition or anything... Yeah, I am competing against like 1,000 other people on there, but it's not like you can't support other people as well, because who wins isn't up to just ANYONE. So, if you're into this kind of stuff, watch the videos; no more, no less (unless you choose to do more). Watch mine, watch his, watch hers, whoever's.

Same thing goes for listening to peoples' bands or voting for them in their local battle of the bands or something. Y'all got this sense of entitlement, what's in it for you? The answer to that is a possibility of seeing some great music that you may have never been exposed to.

That's why i don't even participate in these forums. It's unnecessarily hostile and unsupportive, even when you have nothing to lose. But do you, thread nazi.
Quote by grungerag13
That's why i don't even participate in these forums. It's unnecessarily hostile and unsupportive, even when you have nothing to lose. But do you, thread nazi.
You say this as though me simply telling you means I'm enforcing it.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Feb 15, 2016,
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/d/dream_theater/moment_of_betrayal_guitar_pro.htm

literally the first result on google. tab was posted a week before the album even came out.

no cheating

rats. i am on the honor system after all... but hey, i did transcribe by ear to the best of my ability. wanna see my sloppy transcription (handwritten)? also, that's only to ONE song.. there are like 6 different songs he takes different excerpts from... check the guitar pieces in the link provided. i just did a 7 string riff on a 6 string \m/

seriously, y'all should enter! i've met some cool dudes who love the same music/guitars i do and they're cool af. dig it! post your links here, i'll watch your videos!
Last edited by grungerag13 at Feb 15, 2016,