Hey guys I seem to be having an odd problem with POD Farm.
My guitar is plugged in through a usb mixer to my PC, records in Audacity (which shows that I have input coming in), but for some reason in POD farm, the effects aren't playing. I see the green input bar increasing and decreasing a bit, but only clean guitar sound through mixer and monitors, no POD effects whatsoever. I have selected ASIO4ALL as my input because my other input option which says Alesis USB audio device gives me 0 input (no green fluctuating input bar) and ASIO4ALL gives me some little fluctuation on the bar. Thoughts? Solutions?

Thanks

-Eragon
Quote by diabolical
If you record and play back do you get it with fx?

How would I record? Can I just have POD Farm running and then open up say Audacity and start recording?
Quote by eragon1452
How would I record? Can I just have POD Farm running and then open up say Audacity and start recording?

I don't have POD farm, but I have experience with other virtual amp sims, and usually you need to add it as an effect on a specific track. You need to record a clean guitar signal, and then add the POD farm as a plugin/VST. Not sure how it works in Audacity though, but you could try with Reaper, it definitely supports it.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
Quote by Kevätuhri
I don't have POD farm, but I have experience with other virtual amp sims, and usually you need to add it as an effect on a specific track. You need to record a clean guitar signal, and then add the POD farm as a plugin/VST. Not sure how it works in Audacity though, but you could try with Reaper, it definitely supports it.

Yeah I was using Audacity as an example because I have yet to test Reaper on my laptop, I don't know if it has enough RAM to run smoothly. But yea I'll try that and report back as soon as I can.
Quote by diabolical
So you're fine then?

Well how can I get it to run with pod farm now? Because sometimes I don't want to record, just play.
I'm pretty sure you need a Line 6 audio interface to be able to use POD Farm in standalone mode. Otherwise, you can only use it as a vst. In your DAW, turn on record monitoring to listen with effects. Keep in mind that there will be some latency (there will be a delay between when you strum and the output sound from the DAW).