CEO Martin Shkreli wants to BUY Kanye's album so the public can't listen to it

Page 1 of 6
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/02/11/martin-shkreli-offers-kanye-west-10m-for-new-album.html

he's offering $10 million for it.

lmao pretty sure kanye makes that much money in his sleep

anywho, this creature legit looks like gollum

discuss
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

He's that complete cunt who bought a company producing HIV medication then made it inaccessibly expensive so people actually died, isn't he?

So he has 10 million for frivolities but can't spare any to save lives 🙄
None of this will matter when he's president for 2020
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Doesn't he also have some super rare Wu-Tang album that he doesn't want anyone to listen to?

what a focking cunt

yep he does

"Shkreli famously purchased the only copy of the Wu-Tang Clan's album "Once Upon a Time in Shaolin" for $2 million to "keep it from the people."
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
He's that complete cunt who bought a company producing HIV medication then made it inaccessibly expensive so people actually died, isn't he?

So he has 10 million for frivolities but can't spare any to save lives 🙄

He is a legit sociopath

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by Joshua Garcia
None of this will matter when he's president for 2020
I wouldnt put this past the american public
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Stop referring to him by name and stop posting photos of him. The troglodyte is an attention whore in the truest sense of the term, all that acknowledging that he's a specific person instead of just "That asshole CEO nobody cares about" does is give him what he wants. Attribute everything he does to someone else, forget he exists, and make him culturally irrelevant, that's the only way to actually make him go away.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by GuitarGod_92
He's sparing the rest of us from having to hear a new Kanye record. He's a true hero.

Having to hear it?

Who's forcing you?

As little as I like Kanye I'm even more fed up with the bandwagon of hating him and everything connected to him, and by that supporting an idea such as this one.

Utter bullshit and pathetic.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Having to hear it?

Who's forcing you?

As little as I like Kanye I'm even more fed up with the bandwagon of hating him and everything connected to him, and by that supporting an idea such as this one.

Utter bullshit and pathetic.
Oh hey other JG, haven't seen you in a while.

It's not so much a bandwagon hate like Justin Beiber or whatever, but as a person, some of the stuff he says and does is just really dumb.

True, no one is being forced to listen to it, but he kind of brings these things to himself.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Kanye himself doesn't make bad music, it's not my thing so I don't listen to it

The annoying thing about him is "the cult of Kanye" when everyone says he's some underappreciated genius or a god figure. That is just annoying he's just a rapper.

Similarly annoying is the people butthurt over him

Sadly they both feed each other to create the perfect controversy

I am just indifferent though.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by matt bickerton at #33828988
It's quite long admittedly, but if you have a spare 30 minutes I highly recommend watching this interview. He's nowhere near as much of a cunt as the media likes to make him out to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTNOWSKMS10

that thumbnail is not helping
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
He has one of those smug faces that's just begging for a cricket bat slap.
Quote by JackalUK at #33829024
He has one of those smug faces that's just begging for a cricket bat slap.

I was thinking .410 with rock salts

a lot of pain, but not dead
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by EndTheRapture51 at #33828979

The annoying thing about him is "the cult of Kanye" when everyone says he's some underappreciated genius or a god figure. That is just annoying he's just a rapper.

hes not a rapper thats implying hes a musician lol
hes a producer, a pretty great one

hes also hilarious i love him, hate his music tho
Quote by Pastafarian96
that thumbnail is not helping
That's almost partially the point, I'm sure that was deliberately chosen for people to immediately start 'hating' him before they've even clicked play.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Similarly annoying is the people butthurt over him

Sadly they both feed each other to create the perfect controversy

I am just indifferent though.

the ones hating on Kanye are way more annoying. It's rather easy to just avoid him and his music.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
It's rather easy to just avoid him and his music.

This is just complete horseshit and a blatant lie.
It IS NOT at all easy to avoid this guy, it's damn near impossible.
Anything that's super popular in western culture is impossible to avoid.
You are talking crazy if you continue to insist that it's easy to avoid Kanye.
Quote by EyeNon15
That's a little extreme. Maybe it's difficult to avoid the headlines of articles written about him, but no one's forcing you to click on them.

I've also not heard a single song of his since probably...Power? Whenever that came out. 2010?
Quote by GuitarGod_92 at #33828827
He's sparing the rest of us from having to hear a new Kanye record. He's a true hero.

Man, you're the worst. You actually out-worsted k.lainad in his own thread.
Are you now changing what you said into its not difficult to not click on. Kanye internet articles.
Yeh, it's pretty easy which is why I never do it.
That makes it about .0000000000000001% easier to avoid him.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Man, you're the worst.

[triggered]

I love Martin Shkreli. the guy broke no laws hiking up the price on that HIV pill, if you're gonna be mad (as I am) be mad at the system that allowed him to do it
Quote by matt bickerton
It's quite long admittedly, but if you have a spare 30 minutes I highly recommend watching this interview. He's nowhere near as much of a cunt as the media likes to make him out to be.

There's a glaring misspeak in this interview from him. He says this specific medication is only used by 1000 or so people so jacking the price doesn't matter. Well yeah, the original intention for the medication does help a rare disease or whatever, but the thing is it reportedly could be used for other illnesses/HIV which may help thousands if not more.

So he's still full of shit. But it is nice to see a more human side to him even if he is still a prick by definition of the word.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
hes not a rapper thats implying hes a musician lol
hes a producer, a pretty great one

hes also hilarious i love him, hate his music tho

hes an average producer with a great ear for recognizing other people's great ideas and a bad rapper.
Quote by EyeNon15
Are you now changing what you said into its not difficult to not click on. Kanye internet articles.
Yeh, it's pretty easy which is why I never do it.
That makes it about .0000000000000001% easier to avoid him.
I don't know what you're talking about. Changing what I said? My previous post was the first interaction I've had with you or spoke on that matter. I think you're confusing me with someone else.

For what it's worth, the difference between not clicking on an article, or clicking on an article and reading it is a little more than that.

Quote by Rebel Scum
There's a glaring misspeak in this interview from him. He says this specific medication is only used by 1000 or so people so jacking the price doesn't matter. Well yeah, the original intention for the medication does help a rare disease or whatever, but the thing is it reportedly could be used for other illnesses/HIV which may help thousands if not more.

So he's still full of shit. But it is nice to see a more human side to him even if he is still a prick by definition of the word.
Have you seen the full interview though? He also says that it only costs that ridiculous price for people with insurance - ie the insurance companies get ripped off. If anyone needs the drug and doesn't have insurance they get it for free - which he claims is 2/3 of people that use it.

I know that doesn't necessarily make him a saint or anything as him ripping off the insurance companies will indirectly filter down to people having to pay more for it in the first place etc. etc., but I just found it interesting to have a little more back story on that whole scandal as opposed to the media headlines just stating 'cunt rises price of HIV drug 700%'.
Last edited by matt bickerton at Feb 12, 2016,
Quote by EyeNon15

It is? I haven't managed to hear a single song by Kanye West that I know of by name for like 5 years.

And if I did, what do I care? If I don't like I don't give a shit, if it's good, well terrific.

All I see is people hating on him and that's rather annoying really. But I guess people really do enjoy hating Kanye West and would feel empty without that hate/distaste of him.

The anti-Kanye bandwagon is just as stupid as Kanye West himself. At least he's doing something though.
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Feb 12, 2016,
I know no Kanye songs. All I know about him is that he married a hobbit and interrupts people on stage. Oh, and is he the one that liked the fingers in his ass?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
It is? I haven't managed to hear a single song by Kanye West that I know of by name for like 5 years.

And if I did, what do I care? If I don't like I don't give a shit, if it's good, well terrific.

All I see is people hating on him and that's rather annoying really. But I guess people really do enjoy hating Kanye West and would feel empty without that hate/distaste of him.

The anti-Kanye bandwagon is just as stupid as Kanye West himself. At least he's doing something though.

Well you can blame the overexposure of Kanye for all this Kanye hating that you claim is worse than the Kanye loving.

Get Kanye out of our lives then we will shut up about him.
Quote by EyeNon15

How is it not easy? If a song of his comes on, turn it off. Don't read any articles you see about him. If you see him on TV, change the channel. Ignore Facebook posts about him.
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
How is it not easy? If a song of his comes on, turn it off. Don't read any articles you see about him. If you see him on TV, change the channel. Ignore Facebook posts about him.

I wish I was tough enough to just turn off anyones radio or listening device, or TV but sadly I don't want to get beat up for turning off random people's stuff.
The rest of your advice is basically you saying stay at home alone all day and don't loom at anything, which might be easy for you but would be extremely difficult for most of us.
Also, your solid gold advice goes both ways.
If you don't like to see anyone hating on Kanye then don't read these posts. Just stay off of this forum, problem solved.
It's so easy isn't it.
^Why are you so butthurt about this?

And why would you be in the presence of some random strangers radio or TV? You're in control of what you listen to/watch, if he comes on you can quite easily turn over.

You're being facetious and moronic.
Quote by matt bickerton
^Why are you so butthurt about this?

And why would you be in the presence of some random strangers radio or TV? You're in control of what you listen to/watch, if he comes on you can quite easily turn over.

You're being facetious and moronic.

Ah, now we are getting somewhere! You have lost and abandoned any sort of argument you had and have just resorted to name calling.

Good, I like this game better.
You are a pathetic loser with apparently zero social skills.
Evidenced by the fact that the thought of being in public and not being in total control of all music and media devices baffles and frightens you. LOL, you suck.
Quote by genghisgandhi at #33829147
[triggered]

I love Martin Shkreli. the guy broke no laws hiking up the price on that HIV pill, if you're gonna be mad (as I am) be mad at the system that allowed him to do it

I'm perfectly okay with multitasking.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Racist.

#stop