Page 1 of 2
"I saw her again last night" is a fantastic song and very complicated I can see how someone made a mistake on that.

You have probably noticed it. One of the singers jumps the gun comes in too soon "I saw her",... Then everybody comes in "I saw her again last night"

They could've easily fixed it and it sounds so cool Iit was left in. Paul McCartney said that has to be a mistake nobody's that brilliant.

On the song"what you doing" there are lots of different parts in the song where there is harmonization over the words "you",.. And,.. "I",.. okay?

At one point in a song somebody sings the word I and another person sings the word you. The person who is singing the word I was wrong and it's funny because you can hear them realizing the mistake almost before they sing it and they try to choke it off and sounds like ahhh! ..not a hit but twas on an album .
Last edited by yope at Feb 12, 2016,
Quote by The_Blode
All The Beatles albums have mistakes...some intentional, some not...correct me if I'm wrong...

The_Blode

Ive heard that said b4, about a lot of mistakes and Beatles records I don't know if it's true or not know there's no such thing as an intentional mistake.
Quote by The_Blode
^ I beg to differ...they intentionally left mistakes in when mixing...Hey Jude is an example...they left little mistakes in the mix...just because they're The Beatles innirrr

The_Blode

all is well do not panic, I'm not saying there are not mistakes and Beatles records I'm saying there is no such thing as an intentional mistake you can intentionally leave a mistake on a record, you can intentionally play something wrong, but that would not be a mistake. There is not an intentional mistake it does not exist. What's my point?

There is no such thing as an intentional mistake.
The timing on Led Zeppelin's Black Dog always pisses me off. Not sure it's a mistake though just weird and shit.

Also this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FuaSdOdpzw
Incredible vocal performance then she hits this really flat note around 4 minutes in and it pains me every time.
Last edited by korinaflyingv at Feb 12, 2016,
Trout Mask Replica

:^)
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by yope
all is well do not panic, I'm not saying there are not mistakes and Beatles records I'm saying there is no such thing as an intentional mistake you can intentionally leave a mistake on a record, you can intentionally play something wrong, but that would not be a mistake. There is not an intentional mistake it does not exist. What's my point?

There is no such thing as an intentional mistake.

Perhaps not, but:

Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by Banjocal at #33828917
Trout Mask Replica

:^)

you should consider explaining this before I turn you into part of the floor in a newly built Russian warehouse
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
If I remember, for whatever reason (probably something stupid) 'For Whom The Bell Tolls' on Ride The Lightning is tuned several cents higher than normal across all instruments.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
lars' snare
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Always got on my nerves you can hear David Gilmour breathing all weird during the Wish u were here intro
I find the idea of perfection rather abhorrent. So I always welcome mistakes in recordings and movies.

A few famous examples I can think of in both Bob Dylan songs, in "Like a Rolling Stone" Al Kooper's keyboard chord stabs were played after the beat cos he didn't know how to play keyboards much nor how to play the song when they recorded. A mistake/accident but Bob loved it and left it in.

Another is in "Stuck inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues again" where there's an obvious tape splice gone wrong that they left in the master. At around the 2:42 mark you can hear the lyrics go "...When I 'spee' built a fire on main street" instead of just "...When he built a fire on main street".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVFy2YEkoLo

Also apparently Kirk Hammett fucks up the intro to 'hero of the day' according to the band on recording but I'm not sure what they're on about. Its something to do with the timing and how the riff changes.
Quote by Rebel Scum

Another is in "Stuck inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues again" where there's an obvious tape splice gone wrong that they left in the master. At around the 2:42 mark you can hear the lyrics go "...When I 'spee' built a fire on main street" instead of just "...When he built a fire on main street".

Never realised that's what that was! Was always a bit confused about that line.

Another Bob mistake, in Lily Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts, the organ right before the vocals come in. Must have been first take. He almost manages to cover it up but doesn't quite succeed. For some reason it's not on youtube though.
Quote by korinaflyingv
The timing on Led Zeppelin's Black Dog always pisses me off. Not sure it's a mistake though just weird and shit.

Definitely not a mistake.

The rhythm feels weird because there are a lot of parts in the song that are not in 4/4 time.

You can thank John Paul Jones for that, because he wrote the music for that song.
Where is My Mind by the Pixies, if you listen to the guitar, you can hear shitload of dead notes in there.....never noticed it really until I listened to the song with headphones though.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Robert Plant makes a lot of weird noises that make me wonder if it was intentional or a sneeze or something.
Quote by davidyanity
Definitely not a mistake.

The rhythm feels weird because there are a lot of parts in the song that are not in 4/4 time.

You can thank John Paul Jones for that, because he wrote the music for that song.

Maybe it's just fucking dreadful then. Like at 49 seconds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S_TY8OCONA
Is that seriously how they intended it to sound?
Honestly one of the worst little segments of music I've ever heard. They could have played in time with the drums and it would have sounded good.
^ that sounds to me like another tape splice gone wrong. It never sounds like that live. I like those kind of errors. Its like learning something new in a track you may have listened to a million times over.
Quote by korinaflyingv
Maybe it's just fucking dreadful then. Like at 49 seconds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S_TY8OCONA
Is that seriously how they intended it to sound?
Honestly one of the worst little segments of music I've ever heard. They could have played in time with the drums and it would have sounded good.

Yes. Definitely intentional on John Paul Jones' part. I've heard the pre-production/rehearsal room recordings of the band playing Black Dog during it's formative stages. I could hear John Paul Jones directing the band through the various details of the song parts. It's clear that he already had the full arrangement set in stone at that point, but still early enough in the writing process that Robert Plant was still improvising some lyric ideas in some places, and some non-lyric vocal ideas in others. That guy really knew what he was doing.

If you happen to be interested or curious, you can find that rehearsal recording floating around somewhere on Youtube.
Quote by korinaflyingv
I'm listening and the rehearsal doesn't have what I'm referring to. It actually sounds good. So yeah I'd say it was a mistake.

I do remember from listening to that recording that the other guys in the band were having a bit of trouble with the timing during the pre-production rehearsals. It's to no surprise that they fudged it a little on the final recording that appears on the album.
Quote by korinaflyingv
Yeah maybe. I do like some errors but that particular one just pisses me off.

Yeah it always threw me off when listening and playing to the record.
https://youtu.be/5DmYLrxR0Y8

I always noticed this one in the piano intro, very beginning.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Last edited by RCA1186 at Feb 12, 2016,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLc1g8TN8sM

At around 3:01 : "...Clayton's voice cracks under the strain; once during the second refrain on the word "shot", then on the word "murder" during the third refrain, after which Jagger is faintly heard exclaiming "Woo!" in response to Clayton's powerful delivery." (wiki)
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
Quote by whywefight
Theres a whole list of every Beatles fuckup known to man btw

Most people just call it a discography.
Free Ali
Free Lard
On the cars song"just what I needed" the drummer plays the snare on the one and three and the bass on the two and four, turns the beat around on the last verse. I'm sure it was an accident but they left it on the recording because it was different.
The muted distorted guitar shotgun in Radiohead's Creep is a mistake that they kept in the record.

As is Kirk's really high squeal in the Master Of Puppets.

Also, I'm sure that there's a dead note in the intro of "Diamond In The Witch House" from "The Motherload". Within the first few seconds. Though it seems like a weird thing in modern music.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by Pastafarian96
you should consider explaining this before I turn you into part of the floor in a newly built Russian warehouse
TMR was made by angry dadaist/drug baron Chaplain Keefhard and he very carefully orchestrated a total fuckin racket

people think it's random bc it sounds like blues meets free jazz

anyhow perfection is an impossible dream that ultimately leads to hollow, lifeless art often bathed in pretense (see: formalism) and mistakes are fine and exciting
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Feb 12, 2016,
Page 1 of 2