Hi everyone,
I'm trying to learn some intermediate songs and I've realized that I always downpick, instead of alternate picking.
So my problem comes with this type of riffs:

C#----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
G#----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B ------------------------8------5---7--8------7----10------8-------7--5-------
F#--5------8------7----------------------------------------------------------8--7-
B -----0-0---0-0---0-0----0-0---0--0---0-0--0-0---0-0---0-0---------------

C#----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
G#----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B ------------------------8------5---7--8------7----10------8-------7--5-------
F#--5------8------7----------------------------------------------------------8--7-
B -----8-8---8-8---8-8----8-8---8--8---5-5--5-5---5-5---8-8---------------

I would like to learn how to not downpick that, 'cause i have to play it at 195 bpm and I find it very uncomfortable.
I've been doing some research, and all I could find is a technique called string skipping, but I'm not entirely sure that's what I'm looking for.

If anyone could tell me the name of what I'm looking for or a video or something I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance
Alternate picking is a very very nice choice for this. sorry if that is stating the obvious, but if I was in that tuning, and playing those kind of riffs, alternate might work better. As for me, I'd probably choose some kind of weird economy/alternate hybrid lol

195 BPM, not bad. Fastest song I try to muster is around the 215-225 BPM range, so it's not far off, mang. Alt pick works well then.

It sure sounds to me, based off my remembering from before, that string skipping technique is what you're looking for, but I could very well be wrong x3

-Sharky
What song is this out of curiosity? that tab looks soooo familiar
Hey, thanks for the answers, ill look into the techniques you said.
As for the song: I'm Not Sensitive, Mr.Pooh from the band All's Fair In Love & War from Zaragoza, Spain that we are trying to rebuild (half of the members left the band lol) and in which I am the new rhythm guitarrist.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG9ZZINEego
Thanks again for all the useful help
Forgot to say the song is in English, but the singer is shit, I can't understand anything lol
Quote by iviaguic
Forgot to say the song is in English, but the singer is shit, I can't understand anything lol

The mix could stand some work, as could the arranging. Everything, vocals, etc. occupies ALL the same sonic territory.
The vocals are definitely going along with guitar too much. I agree, spell.

Yeah, for this song, I would try for alternate picking as opposed to economy, but that is just my personal preference. Find out what works for you with this
Ok, thanks for the tips, definitely going to spend a lot of time developing these techniques. As for the mix, yeah, it's pretty bad, although they think it sounds great lol
Recording the band myself next time ^^
The mix sounds alright to me The guitars could do with panning a bit more L+R but it's not that bad.