hello
a while ago, I found the song I've linked below and ever since then I've been wondering how to produce those blaring noises of hell. I'm not 100% sure the sounds are produced from a guitar of some sort, but I'm convinced they are from my experimentation on guitars. I was able to recreate two of the notes played in the song on my standard tuned guitar. for the first note, I played the 19th fret of the B string and the 17th fret of the e string together. for the second note, I played the same fret on the e string and the 20th fret of the B string together. these sounds could only be produced with distortion and plenty of volume.

please help me understand this technique, or at least know its proper name

here's the song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on0gbX8cF1I
Last edited by STFUGT at Feb 13, 2016,
Sounds like natural harmonics with a tonne of distortion. Almost certainly not in E standard.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by K33nbl4d3
Sounds like natural harmonics with a tonne of distortion. Almost certainly not in E standard.

what tuning do you think it might be in?
When I play it out, and call me wrong on this if I am, I hear the 16th-14th instead of 19th-17th, so solely based off that, if it is indeed correct, it sounds to be C#...whatever (Standard, Drop, etc.)

I have no clue on the matter, except with what I play and what I hear, and I know I might be taking the risk with this, but...that is my input on it. Tried to look up the song itself, and not many decent results showed up, so I am hoping K33 has a better clue on it than me.

-Sharky