Specs I prefer:

EMGs
Ebony/Maple fingerboard
Unfinished neck/Satin finish/fast
Huge frets
6 Strings
25 1/2 inch scale
Hardtail
Pointy shapes are a plus but not needed.

Basically I have an offer on a Jackson RRMG I've been back and forth with. I love it. I probably shouldn't sell it. But is there a better guitar out there? That is the question.

My style is best described as "Melodic Thrash" and my favorite band is Bullet For My Valentine so I play a lot of their stuff as well as some Metallica, Iron Maiden, and such however I mostly focus on modern high gain tones with lots of bite, but still some bottom.
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
Jackson DK2M variant is the first to come to mind. Maybe a Soloist with a maple board.

The ebony board may be hard to find for that price.

LTD M-1000 variant with a maple board.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Wait, you already own a RRMG, which costs $900 new, has all the specs you want except for one, and want to replace it with "something better" that costs less than $500???

What you are looking for is the hardtail RRTMG . There aren't many left and cost $850, the new ones coming out will cost $50 more.
All of your specs shoot straight to Dave Mustaine's signature guitars
Baby Joel's rabbit profile picture is kinda cute. #TeamJOEL
Quote by monwobobbo
used BC Rich. one of the neck thru models

He's got one of those as well.
Dean Chicago Flame if you can get past the headstock maybe?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by PiercedBand
All of your specs shoot straight to Dave Mustaine's signature guitars

But they don't have EMGs?

Plus, except for the low end bolt on models, the necks are not unfinished (from what I've seen at least).
Quote by DanyFS
But they don't have EMGs?

Plus, except for the low end bolt on models, the necks are not unfinished (from what I've seen at least).

The Dean ones have Livewires.

IIRC none of his models have ever had EMG's.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
The Dean ones have Livewires.

IIRC none of his models have ever had EMG's.

Exactly. They are actives too like the EMGs, but they are more like an active version of the passive SD JBs he used to have.
OK so I think I might have found it but a couple things concern me. He's replaced the EMGs with Bare Knuckles and a string is wrapped around the tuning peg weirdly and I'm wondering if that may cause any damage. Thoughts? https://reverb.com/item/1690816-dbz-bird-of-prey-2015-black?device=android-app
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, and people still got polio and you had to crank your car up by hand and put whale oil in the lamps every night.

Things are better now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Style is in the hands. Taste is in the hands. But tone? Tone is in the gear.
Quote by GraceByDeath
OK so I think I might have found it but a couple things concern me. He's replaced the EMGs with Bare Knuckles and a string is wrapped around the tuning peg weirdly and I'm wondering if that may cause any damage. Thoughts? https://reverb.com/item/1690816-dbz-bird-of-prey-2015-black?device=android-app

I don't like EMGs, so I think that BK pickups sound waaay better. But if you REALLY want the EMG sound, maybe you need to get a guitar with EMGs...

I don't think the string being wrapped like that would damage the tuning peg. What it can cause is tuning instabillity, so just replace the strings and wrap them properly.

Can't comment on the guitar itself because I never played it.
Rondo music has some good cheap one's made in Korea. Some were made at the same factory that made Korea PRS so someone said it was confirmed by Kurt himself. I personally do not know that though. They are amazing. Agile is great stuff.
Last edited by RandellScott at Feb 15, 2016,
Quote by RandellScott
Rondo music has some good cheap one's made in Korea. Some were made at the same factory that made Korea PRS so someone said it was confirmed by Kurt himself. I personally do not know that though. They are amazing. Agile is great stuff.

Yup, World Musical Instruments that make guitars for PRS, Rondo, Schecter, ESP, Chapman, BC Rich and others. That DBZ also looks like one of their instruments.
Last edited by dthmtl3 at Feb 15, 2016,
used ltd 400 series and above.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A