Just like the thread name.
Budget- Not over 700$
He is willing to go only New guitar+amp
He LOVE 60-90's rock,hard rock(AC/DC Deep Purple and some other stuff)
The guitar needs to be LP,SG shape if possible(He loved both of them)
If you need more info please let me know. Thank you
so it's amp and guitar for under 700$.

is that usd, cad, aus?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
so it's amp and guitar for under 700$.

is that usd, cad, aus?

It's USD
Epi/Algile LP and a DSL40c
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
Epi/Algile LP and a DSL40c

Just that amp on it's own is over budget in the USA, I agree on the Epi LP though.

Get an Epi LP Standard and a Vypyr/Vox AD30VT/Whatever decent modelling amp with a few effects and that.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
Agile AL2500 $250
www.rondomusic.com/al2500wineredspalted.html

Laney cub12 $399
www.musiciansfriend.com/search?sB=r&Ntt=laney+cub+12

The Agile is the best LP shape you will find new in that price range. The Laney is basically a Marshall JCM800 circuit which will cover all the bases your dad wants and sound good while doing it
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
epi G-400 - $300

VHT Special 6 Ultra 12" combo - $400.
or
Fender super champ XD2 combo (more modeling fun) - $379

buy him the cables and picks.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Feb 13, 2016,
^ the G400 is a solid guitar, I have had one for 7 years and not one issue except I swapped the bridge HB. other than that the guitar is stock.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
^ the G400 is a solid guitar, I have had one for 7 years and not one issue except I swapped the bridge HB. other than that the guitar is stock.

+1

Only thing with mine (had it for about 2 and a half years I think? only sold it to get my Telecaster) that ever gave me any trouble was the pickup switch, but that was just from dust; really solid guitar for the money.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Another vote for the Agile AL-2500. Easily the best bang for buck anywhere near that price range at $259, plus or minus.

But I'm a fan of getting the best guitar you can first, and then, as you continue to get better on the guitar itself, progressing up the scale in amp as you need. Thus, if it were ME, I'd spend the money on the best guitar I could afford and get an amp that would work just well enough that I could hear it.
LTD EC-256. Faded Cherryburst on sale at Guitar Center.

I won't recommend an amp.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
The Epiphone G400 is worth the fuss. While I love my Vypyr, it doesn't lend as well towards the bands mentioned. Vox might be worth a shot, but it might be good to test out a few to see what fits best based on some of the suggestions.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
Quote by dspellman
Another vote for the Agile AL-2500. Easily the best bang for buck anywhere near that price range at $259, plus or minus.

But I'm a fan of getting the best guitar you can first, and then, as you continue to get better on the guitar itself, progressing up the scale in amp as you need. Thus, if it were ME, I'd spend the money on the best guitar I could afford and get an amp that would work just well enough that I could hear it.

I agree with the sentiment that you want to get the best guitar you can find within budget and reason at first, when you are learning you want to be fighting the instrument as little as possible and if the guitar is nice you will want to play it more and thus, get better faster.

Luckily with $700 you can get a nice enough guitar and a pretty decent practice amp.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
Amp: Peavey Vypyr 75, you can find them used/second stock for $150-200.

Guitar: Agile AL-2500
Go to guitar fetish. They have amazing choices for les pauls. For under 300. That leaves you 400 for an amp and you have many options there. Dont get him a tube amp to be honest might piss him off even tho thats the thing they were using in that era.

But if you do want tube. Bugera makes great cheap options. I have a v5 and its amazing.

But for solid state. Cant go wrong with a peavey Vypyr VIP series.