http://s95.photobucket.com/user/brian_frank1/media/20160212_2314001_zps1zbdun9l.jpg.html

So, I've been interested in getting an Omen for a little bit given the reputation and wanting something to run Drop C. However, as I was keeping an eye on prices, I noticed that a Damien would pop up now and then for $20-30 more and after researching, I felt it would be worth my while to snag one if one without a Floyd Rose was available in decent shape and price.

Well, it happened a day or two before my tax refund dropped so I jumped on it when the money was available. So, now I have a Diamond series Damien, which appears to be made in Indonesia, but I'll have to look at the serial numbers to verify.

Just got it home and played with it a little. The Grover tuners are really nice, which make me want to down the line snag another Damien and retire my Squire on that alone.

The pickups are an improvement as well, and even without the guitar being tuned, they're much clearer.

The neck is so smooth and feels just like the Demon 7 I played with awhile back.

I need to clean it up a tad, but overall it seems in pretty good shape. $150+ shipping & tax for it.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
Congrats on your NGD, so no setup needed at all? That's sweet
My gear:
-LTD EC401VF DMZ LD
-Ormsby Run 3 Hype GTR
-Yamaha C40M
I'm changing strings so I can better pull Drop C, but the thing doesn't look like it will need much adjustment with the swap.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX

Quote by dannyalcatraz

New strings on (DR 10-52) and tuned up. I still need to intonate after I let them stretch out some, but so far, things seem really good. As long as my string job isn't total garbage, intonation is really all that's needed right now.
Guitar/Bass:
*mods

Amps/FX

Quote by dannyalcatraz

sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?

It looks lovely!
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Whoever had it before had it well set up because when I did the intonation, I barely had to touch the saddles. Or the TOM bridge design lends itself that way.

I'm not sure what strings were on before, but it seemed like common practice to replace strings on used guitars anyway.
Guitar/Bass:
*mods

Amps/FX

Quote by dannyalcatraz

Last edited by bjgrifter at Feb 14, 2016,