Ok so my neighbor's dad is selling his not-so-old Jackson Kelly, I've been having a lot of trouble identifying that guitar (maybe I just suck at that). Anyways, so he has a low end Jackson Kelly, and all I know is that it's Indian made, with dot inlays and Jackson pups, and it comes with a Licensed Floyd Rose that just says "Jackson" on it. The nearest thing I've found to it is called Kelly JS35KE so yeah.

Long story short, do you think I could replace that LFR with an OFR? I've been trying to find the specs for Jacksons LFR's but I can't come up to a conclusion.

Thanks a lot
My gear:
-LTD EC401VF DMZ LD
-Ormsby Run 3 Hype GTR
-Yamaha C40M
its not worth it. $250 (or whatever) of floyd into a guitar that isn't worth that. plus the pickups are junk.

i would pass.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
its not worth it. $250 (or whatever) of floyd into a guitar that isn't worth that. plus the pickups are junk.

i would pass.

This. The money that you would put into an OFR and possibly new pickups, you could get an used guitar already with an OFR (or at least a Korean made Floyd Rose) and nicer pickups. The build quality and materials overall would also be much better.

I would pass on that one as well.
Thanks, but I was actually more interested into LFR specs, I have a Korean FR hanging around somewhere and since Korean made FR's are technically made with the same specs as OFR I was wondering if that specific Jackson LFR is made that way as well.

EDIT: and by specs I'm trying to say height, width etc
My gear:
-LTD EC401VF DMZ LD
-Ormsby Run 3 Hype GTR
-Yamaha C40M
Quote by RiksRiks
Thanks, but I was actually more interested into LFR specs, I have a Korean FR hanging around somewhere and since Korean made FR's are technically made with the same specs as OFR I was wondering if that specific Jackson LFR is made that way as well.

EDIT: and by specs I'm trying to say height, width etc

You could try googling around, but I have no idea of the specs of the older Jackson LFRs.

I know that the newer models are roughly the same specs of an OFR and Schaller FR, but no idea of the older models.

Can't your neightbor's dad give you the exact model of the guitar? If he doesn't knows, maybe some pics or a serial number?

Maybe the Jackson gurus around here can give you some more info about the Jackson LFRs.
http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/TremoloInfoProject.htm

not my site so i haven't corroborated any of the info, but maybe it will help EDIT: it doesn't seem to mention the trem on the guitar you're interested in unfortunately, sorry
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Feb 14, 2016,