I've been out of the loop for a few years and I have been thinking about getting a unit for my amp...

Any suggestions - what's new and interesting?

*Price is not a factor because if I want it enough I'll find a way to get it.

**Don't recommend cheap shit, I have no time for Boss or Line 6...
AXfx? TC g-major? TC g-system? Helix?

What are you trying to get out of it?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
A all in one system for enhancing my tone that has some options (I like the idea of altering the sound with an expression pedal).
Quote by MindIsMaster
A all in one system for enhancing my tone that has some options (I like the idea of altering the sound with an expression pedal).

i would look into the line 6 helix (its a leap above a pod both in price and tone). i haven't tried one, but the demos are pretty solid, it is NOT in the same ballpark as the PODs. different beast entirely.

if money is no obstacle i would look into AX-FX. its not cheap, but it is pretty cool to play with. you would need the rackmount version, a foot controller and a FRFR speaker to get the most out of it (or go right into the PA).
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I think he just wants effects though, Trashed.

If money is no object, you might want to look into an Eventide H7600. Probably better for a studio, but you could use it live, I guess.
Quote by MindIsMaster
I've been out of the loop for a few years and I have been thinking about getting a unit for my amp...

**Don't recommend cheap shit, I have no time for Boss or Line 6...

Guess I can't suggest the $1500 Line 6 Helix, then.

But you really should take a look.
I feel like I'd be better of with an eventide eclipse v4... if I'm going to move away from the Damage Control Glass Nexus.
The Eventide Eclipse or H7600 will give you the 24 bit 96kHz sample rate that Strymon pedals operate at. Current Eventide products in this range have patches that are optimized for guitar and unlike the old H3000's, program changes between presets are virtually instantaneous. This is where you need to go, and I'm glad to see that you are already leaning in this direction, so go with your instincts.
I've got the strymon timeline/mobius and eventide pitchfactor/space BUT I'm going to be using those for a different setup (stereo bi-amping)... when I get the funds I will be making another setup for a different idea.
Hard to know what you actually want... Seems like you're going to buy something for the sake of having something new, which isn't really a great idea.

What kind of sounds do you want? What do you play?

The eventide units are pretty awesome, but I recall them being a real bitch to program.
The axe fx is pretty cool for effects, but I definitely prefer having individual pedals. Quality is pretty good, but I generally prefer individual pedals given the choice
RIP Gooze

cats