Hello all,

Eight years ago I bought a LTD MH1000FR Deluxe and it is by far my favorite guitar. At that point in time, I couldn't afford a "real" ESP. I now have a more stable financial situation and I am thinking of upgrading to a ESP E-II Horizon. These guitar are very similar to my LTD so am I wondering, will I feel or hear a quality difference? Or will I just be buying the same guitar that I already own with a nicer logo?

Thanks.

P.S. I cannot try an ESP where I live so I will have to buy online.
The only couple of ESP's I've played felt way nicer than their LTD counterparts, and they do sound better in my opinion (with the exception being the ones that use active pups, since I can't notice a real difference)
All of ESP's higher end guitars have Original Floyd Roses on them, which means a higher quality than the average Korean FR1000 like the one in the LTD 1000 series

If I had the chance I'd buy an ESP, but I guess it depends on whether how you feel your guitar. But as far as the quality goes, ESP is way better, so it really means an upgrade. In the end the only way to make a solid choice is for you to go and play an ESP so you can compare between both.
My gear:
-LTD EC401VF DMZ LD
-Ormsby Run 3 Hype GTR
-Yamaha C40M
Quote by RiksRiks
The only couple of ESP's I've played felt way nicer than their LTD counterparts, and they do sound better in my opinion (with the exception being the ones that use active pups, since I can't notice a real difference)
All of ESP's higher end guitars have Original Floyd Roses on them, which means a higher quality than the average Korean FR1000 like the one in the LTD 1000 series

If I had the chance I'd buy an ESP, but I guess it depends on whether how you feel your guitar. But as far as the quality goes, ESP is way better, so it really means an upgrade. In the end the only way to make a solid choice is for you to go and play an ESP so you can compare between both.

Thank you Riks. This is useful.
I have h1001 and it's my no1 go to axe..but horizon all the way dude. go for it.
My gastronomic rapacity knows no satiety.
I got the E-II Horizon III hardtail version (without the floyd) at Christmas. Gr8 guitar, very fast neck, beautiful design, well set up. The only thing I would not use it for is Jazz.

It looks smaller and more compact when you get it than it appears in the pictures. Its very comfortable to play. The guitar has its own tone of course which you should investigate before you purchase. Hope this helps.
Quote by helies
Thank you all for the comments. As I mentioned, I was unable to try one to test drive in my area but I decided to pull the trigger and order one of these: http://www.espguitars.com/products/10020-e-ii-horizon-qm-fr-rdb?category_id=1963530-horizon-series-guitars-3. Can't wait to get it.

Looks beautiful, I'll be looking forward to your NGD.
BTW: I'm so jealous, I was only able to order a EC401 DMZ LD last week, I feel so tiny dude
My gear:
-LTD EC401VF DMZ LD
-Ormsby Run 3 Hype GTR
-Yamaha C40M
Quote by RiksRiks
Looks beautiful, I'll be looking forward to your NGD.
BTW: I'm so jealous, I was only able to order a EC401 DMZ LD last week, I feel so tiny dude

The EC401 looks like great guitar. I am sure it plays really well.
Quote by helies
Thank you all for the comments. As I mentioned, I was unable to try one to test drive in my area but I decided to pull the trigger and order one of these: http://www.espguitars.com/products/10020-e-ii-horizon-qm-fr-rdb?category_id=1963530-horizon-series-guitars-3. Can't wait to get it.

So I wonder how that guitar compares to the Horizon III. When I bought the Horizon III, I was staring hard at this one as well. No opportunity to play both of them side by side.
Quote by Seriden
So I wonder how that guitar compares to the Horizon III. When I bought the Horizon III, I was staring hard at this one as well. No opportunity to play both of them side by side.

I was also looking at both of these. The body shape is slightly different, but what made my pick the Horizon is the FR (the blue H-III does not have an FR). Also, the H-III is neck-through whereas the Horizon is set-through.
Quote by helies
I was also looking at both of these. The body shape is slightly different, but what made my pick the Horizon is the FR (the blue H-III does not have an FR). Also, the H-III is neck-through whereas the Horizon is set-through.

No, you can get both models without an FR. But the set-thru neck verses neck-thru, and mahogany body verses alder body are two of the differences that stand out to me. Not sure the differences are major enough to ever consider owning both.
Quote by Seriden
No, you can get both models without an FR.

From what I could find, you can get both models without a FR, but you cannot get a blue H-III with a FR (or at least I couldn't find one). I needed a FR since I wanted to replace an MH1000FR.
sweet! i have had a few LTD's (EC400, EC401, and an EC1000) and have played an eclipse a few times, they are on an entirely different level (as i am sure you are finding out).

i am an ibanez prestige junkie though.

HNGD!
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
sweet! i have had a few LTD's (EC400, EC401, and an EC1000) and have played an eclipse a few times, they are on an entirely different level (as i am sure you are finding out).

Yes, there is a world of difference between this guitar and my MH1000. My new Horizon is worth every penny.
That is a beautiful guitar. Still wondering how it compares to the E-II Horizon III. I am such a new guitar junkie.