Song 6
3 27%
Song 7
5 45%
Voters: 11.
Hey

they say there are no pasteis de nata like the ones sold at belem

and that's not true

The objective of this thread is to vote on the song you like the most, but remember: don't base your vote on the quality of the recording, base it on the content.

Here they are:

1 - "Rain" (Joshua1207)

2 - "Excuse To Write Again" (Minicaxotinho)

3 - "Why'd You Hate Me, Beautiful" (boooysti)

4 - "Kill Your Children" (xTURTLENECKx)

5 - "we" (whywefight)

6 - "Sacred Bones" (Papersparrow)

7 - "Shell" (Trifonas)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's last week's most voted song:
From ultimate-slash, it's "Oars"!
------------------------------------------------------------------

If you too want to become a better songwriter/gigolo consider joining our group (http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/mozartfactory/), all the info you need to join this weekly "contest" is there.

The votes will be counted this Friday (post your song for next week meanwhile). The winner of this week's voting will be a mod in our group.

------------------
I need subtitles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h_TPtgIdVg

Check out last week's thread here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1696350
Hi.

Concept week is coming, and we still don't have a concept.

I remember ultimate-slash (I think) saying something like "we should revisit songs we wrote a long time ago", so what do?
concept week idea: songs under two and a half minutes.......

and if that's not specific enough, how about 'songs under two and a half minutes that feature obnoxious bass, distorted pitch-bent leads, and black metal screaming'
One: Wow, really nice atmosphere and sounds. Really enjoyed that little piano line. Kinda disliked the drums' preset, but that's just me and maybe in a few listens it will be fine.

Two: (reversed guitar and dramatic pause). Nice one mini. Try to aubmit a full song sometime. This has killer groove potential.

Three: not really my thing. The riffs are kinda dull. Maybe try to layer some more chords for your solos.

Four: you were a bit out of time (look who's talking), but I liked the guitar and your vocals. I can't say the same about the beat, but anyway it reminded me of some Syd Barrett mixed with early Muse and it seemed pretty fun.

Five (overcompressed audacity shit): Hated the amazing drumbeat and the gloriously reverbed guitar. It reminded me of the guitar tone Daniel Rossen uses on Veckatimest.
Also pretty fitting synths here and there. I don't really like the break before the chorus (?), but the outro makes up for it.

Sex (tfw no gf): I loved that synth at the intro. I think your tracks would improve by a mile if you recorded the guitar with a microphone instead of plugging it in. It's kinda badly eqed this way, like it has a lot of treble. Anyway noce track.

Probably will vote for me
Just cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there.
Quote by whywefight
concept week idea: songs under two and a half minutes.......

and if that's not specific enough, how about 'songs under two and a half minutes that feature obnoxious bass, distorted pitch-bent leads, and black metal screaming'

How about songs over ten minutes that feature obnoxious bass, distorted pitch-bent leads, and black metal screaming?
I agree with ulti
It would be nice to try a metal song
Even thought it may be a Deafheaven ripoff
Quote by Trifonas
One: Wow, really nice atmosphere and sounds. Really enjoyed that little piano line. Kinda disliked the drums' preset, but that's just me and maybe in a few listens it will be fine.

Thanks for the kind words. Drums have always been my weakest point, I agree. Always hard to get a good sounding drum line going.
yeah mixing drums that aren't meant to sound particularly organic is a major weakness of mine too

mixing the drums for the song I submitted this week was super easy tho
Quote by Trifonas at #33835123
Five (overcompressed audacity shit): Hated the amazing drumbeat and the gloriously reverbed guitar. It reminded me of the guitar tone Daniel Rossen uses on Veckatimest.
Also pretty fitting synths here and there. I don't really like the break before the chorus (?), but the outro makes up for it.

I just looked up what that is and I've never listened to that album, but I loveee this song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPXDJQkuWeA

so I'll check that album out when I get a chance
Last edited by whywefight at Feb 16, 2016,
Quote by nico_9550
thought the title said balls lol

voted for wwf

Just noticed that it doesn't
Wtf
What if next concept week is "make a hip hop song" week?
Quote by whywefight
Id be down

Wanna be featured on the hook?

I'm in
But I'm going to do a badass beat for myself either way
1- Agree that those drums are not proper dank but aside from that it's pretty chill. Maybe too "static", doesn't change much, but danky (read "Not my jam" bit on #5)

2- This whole track is not dank don't get me started.
EDIT: Fuck it I'll review myself #noshame.
The (inconsistent) clipping, the lack of structure, the undank repetitiveness... It's undankly mixed, some guitar notes don't even show up. Good thing about it, it only lasted a minute otherwise it would be even more annoying and no one could sit through it. This just doesn't sound like a proper, structured song, it's more like a jam someone made in a dank dark basement. But I have no basement so...

Reviewing yourself in public feels weird and attention whorey.

3- Not very dank either, would be cool to have vocals or something because it's a bit repetitive. I understand this is an unfinished song (no vocals, drums, bass...). (My "song" is also repetitive, so we're... undank brothers?). Keep going, the only way to get dank

4- The dankness level rises a bit with this one, but it's not my jam. Can't understand the lyrics, vocals are a bit out of tune, the drums are not very dank, overall a 5/10 in the dankness scale. But keep at it, the more you do stuff you're not dank at, the more dank you get.
Liked the guitar bits like the ones at 2:42.

5- I feel like the vocal melody doesn't go too well with the instrumental melody. The fuzz at 1:17 was very dank, as was the guitar on top of it. The chorus (1:36) wasn't as dank, maybe too much reverb on the vocals, or they were too stacked. Not my jam overall (pls do a thrash punk psychedelic song with sailor moon church organ), not bad, but not very interesting to me (I don't know why I can enjoy some chill stuff and not other chill stuff, but this chill stuff didn't resonate with me). Anyway it's just not your dankest stuff.

6- The thing at 0:08 is d-d-dank. The vocal layering isn't very dank though (0:54). Vocals sound too on top of each other. Don't like the vibe very much (read "Not my jam" bit above) but sounds like a proper structured song, and that's the basics of music dankness maybe I guess I don't know I'm not a critic. The outro was amusing, cool.

7- Top dank. Not digging the jazzy vibes (0:21) but not your fault, they seem to blend well with what you were going for (I'm inside your mind I know everything) I think...
The not jazzy vibes were cool dank. 1:06 was dank central for this song, with the descending melody and whatnot, and there were some other moments as well (but that melody is the meat of this song innit). (2:19) The guitar on top of the descending/ascending melody was
The bit under water was daaaaaaaaaaaank.
It gets a bit repetitive though.

This dank review is over. Please don't hate me call me undank names, #justmyopinion #andallthat

Btw thanks for the review Trifonas.
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Feb 18, 2016,
True, you are known to only settle for the dankiest of danks

We have good reason to call you minidankotinho behind your back
Last edited by ultimate-slash at Feb 18, 2016,
Not necessarily I just try to feel as dank as possible by surrounding myself in things that make me feel dank but they're not necessarily objectively dank

Quote by ultimate-slash
We have good reason to call you minidankotinho behind your back
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Feb 18, 2016,
Always came here for the dankest memes
Got away with the dankest feels tho