President's Day sales going on and I have been looking at Les Pauls lately (never owned or really even played one) but found a pretty nice deal on a new Epi Les Paul Traditional Pro. I also see that there is a Plus Top Pro model, but the only difference seems to be the finish on the guitar and the neck pickup.

I own a few Tele's and a strat but for some reason have never owned the other "iconic" guitar. Thinking real hard about picking one up! Do you know if there are any other differences between the two models? Are the differences worth the extra $250 (I doubt but just wanting a second opinion). Thanks guys.
I own a number of Epiphone Les Paul's and I love them. I'm pretty sure the only difference between a Plus Top and a Traditional is cosmetic. Just my opinion but look for a good price on the Les Paul Tribute. It comes with all Gibson hardware; Gibson Classic 57 pickups, Switchcraft switch, CTS pots, Mallory tone caps, full maple top (not just a veneer top), Grover Locking tuners and a hard shell case.

I also want to advise you IMHO to stay away from any of the lesser grade Epiphone LP guitars like "Special II" or "Juniors". Basically if it's less than $300, it's a student modal and can be very disappointing to someone who already plays to an advanced level.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Feb 15, 2016,
Quote by Rickholly74
I own a number of Epiphone Les Paul's and I love them. I'm pretty sure the only difference between a Plus Top and a Traditional is cosmetic. Just my opinion but look for a good price on the Les Paul Tribute. It comes with all Gibson hardware; Gibson Classic 57 pickups, Switchcraft switch, CTS pots, Mallory tone caps, full maple top (not just a veneer top), Grover Locking tuners and a hard shell case.

I also want to advise you IMHO to stay away from any of the lesser grade Epiphone LP guitars like "Special II" or "Juniors". Basically if it's less than $300, it's a student modal and can be very disappointing to someone who already plays to an advanced level.

The LP Tribute Plus looks excellent, but it's more than I am wanting to spend on a guitar at the moment. I wasn't even going to buy one really, but I can get the Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pro for $250 brand new, which is almost too good to pass up.
Quote by Dinglebuttz
The LP Tribute Plus looks excellent, but it's more than I am wanting to spend on a guitar at the moment. I wasn't even going to buy one really, but I can get the Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pro for $250 brand new, which is almost too good to pass up.

$250 new, get it, you can sell it and make money if you hate it.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
$250 new, get it, you can sell it and make money if you hate it.

Just ordered. It's from Guitar Center so if it comes in and I don't like it for whatever reason I can always return it.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone/Limited-Edition-Les-Paul-Traditional-PRO-Electric-Guitar.gc#pr-header-back-to-top-link

Got it in Wine Red and used a president's day coupon code for 15% off too. Pretty good deal in my opinion.
Quote by Dinglebuttz
but I can get the Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pro for $250 brand new, which is almost too good to pass up.

Epiphone never produced any 'Les Paul Standard PRO'