Something today.

Will Lane said to remember you've done something when you do it say an off kilter word that has nothing to do with anything and it helps you remember.

So I did something I wanted to remember I did and the first word that came to my mind was bracket. I didn't like that so I used tungsten I didn't like that either. Then it came to me,... Cactus. I will remember I did this by saying out loud the word "cactus" not the band, the plant.
gj yope

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
It actually works better to remember words/images that vaguely represent what you're trying to remember. It's called "memory palace" or "method of loci."
Free Ali
Free Lard
Quote by chrismendiola
It actually works better to remember words/images that vaguely represent what you're trying to remember. It's called "memory palace" or "method of loci."

I use that for memorizing numbers. Like the number 666-1492. Would be an easy one
Quote by Bladez22
thank for clarifying that it was the plant cactus

hey man, yer welcum,no prob
Quote by Minkaro
What method did you use to help you to remember to use Will Lane's method?

it came to me, I was doing something that it was very important that I remember doing it. I remember will said his word was tomato.

You ever write down real complicated directions on how to get someplace and then forget the take them but remember exactly how to get there, I have. I'm a absent-minded professor type.

Today I vacuum the floor with the vacuum cleaner off because I had earplugs in and headphones on. So I did it again with the vacuum cleaner on. It works better when the vacuum's on.
Quote by Ssargentslayer
ok
Quote by sickman411
Quote by yope
it works
Quote by seanlang01
Are yope and Will Lane really the same person???
Quote by yope
Today I vacuum the floor with the vacuum cleaner off because I had earplugs in and headphones on. So I did it again with the vacuum cleaner on. It works better when the vacuum's on.

oh goodness this thread is too much
do you remember what you were originally trying to remember?
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
Quote by chrismendiola
I often unintentionally do this (mostly with images) when learning new songs.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Joshua Garcia
I often unintentionally do this (mostly with images) when learning new songs.

I'm assuming you mean words to songs. For memorization of a chord sequence try to see a logical pattern. Raw memorization may lead to mental blocks especially if you have to learn a lot of songs fast.

The very best way is to listen to the song over and over until you are sick of it. Then learn it. Play it several times a day until you can pick up your guitar and play it perfectly every time without thinking about it. That's when you know the song.

Don't kid yourself into thinking you know the song if you manage to play it through a few times without making a mistake. I've done this enough to know.
Quote by Bladez22
Am I being mocked?

no, you said thanks for pointing out that it was the band and not the plant and I was being flip in a hippie dippy kind of way.

It had nothing to do with you or your post I just felt like talking like that, man.
Quote by yope
I'm assuming you mean words to songs.
Actually no, I mean when I'm in the process of learning a solo, namely.

For memorization of a chord sequence try to see a logical pattern. Raw memorization may lead to mental blocks especially if you have to learn a lot of songs fast.
I never took the time to learn any chords btw.

The very best way is to listen to the song over and over until you are sick of it. Then learn it. Play it several times a day until you can pick up your guitar and play it perfectly every time without thinking about it. That's when you know the song.
Actually, this is exactly what I do. More than I'd like, in fact. But sometimes when I'm doing it, a random picture will come to mind. I don't make much of it and certainly don't rely on it, but it helps keep things moving.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line