Hey guys, just picked up an ibanez rg prestige in mirage blue. Gorgeous guitar, however am slightly let down on the pickups. I was sending this guitar through my orange thunder verb 50. I play pretty scooped usually. I play in an alt rock/punk band similar to say anything or the menzingers that sometimes gets as heavy as every time I die. My fellow guitarist uses a very mid present tone on his bad cat. In order to compromise I ended up scooping my tone with my other guitar (Ibanez rg 420 with seymour duncan distortion mayhem set).

Now to the meat and potatoes. When I A/Bd these two guitars it was no contest. The 421 was much more present. Stayed completely out of the other frequencies ways while still being audible. However my new prestige just vanishes in a mix. So I'm looking for some great pickups to help this thing be more present without being so mid heavy it sounds like a cocked wah. I don't care if they are duncan, or dimarzio, or whatever. Just looking for some advice that I can check out some sound clips of. Need a great rhythmic crunch, good cleans, and nice leads. I don't like the high end fizzles so the Super bright pickups aren't my thing.

I love the guitar tones from linkin parks meteora, Polyphias muse, four year strongs self titled, and everytime i dies ex lives. Any help is super appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Occam's Razor... Duncan Distortion pickups. My guess is that both of your guitars are similar in construction, perhaps having different woods and weights. But, over-all, probably similar enough that you should just get what you know already works.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
I would be pretty willing to agree with you thunder. I however just don't want two of the same sounds either and I wouldn't say those pickups are even close to perfect. They just happened to come in the other one when I bought it used. They are definitely too high output for me.
When shopping for replacement pickups the correct answer is always Wolfetone.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Duncan JB is a good suggestion if you aren't happy with the Distortions. You might like Fastback Old Imperials... there are some demo's of them on Youtube.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
dimarzio crunch lab liquifire. i have them in one pretsige.

i have a diamzrio air norton and tonzone in another.

i have d-sonics in one and i like it.

my fourth prestige will be getting evo's.

overall so far the CL/LQ does best for me.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I would also check out the Sentient/Pegasus set which is a great set either with tons of gain or not. Very present, tight, and not as compressed as some other higher output pickups. They also cut through a dense mix too.
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
Borrow an EQ pedal, play your guitar with the volume pot rolled down a bit and fiddle with the EQ and the guitar´s volume. Then tell us what sound you´re looking for!
get a duncan invader, beautiful bridge humbucker. more so bassy but it's quite possibly the best thing i got for my squier. i play punk mostly.
I'm a dirty fuckin' punk / i sell myself for a beer