I have heard some great tones from amplitube, bias-amps so I went out and bought an ipad for this purpose, along with an interface. So im looking for suggestion on a speaker I can add to the setup. Would you go with studio monitors or like an alto speaker? Also what is the best amp software to purchase bias-amp or amplitube, which route would you take?
just get a decent set of headphones. like sennheiser 280 pros.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
I just really wanted a decent speaker so I'm not to headphones sometimes I just relly sant to jam, of course i'm only a bedroom guitar plzyer with no need to be more so should i get studio monitors or a pa speaker?
computer speakers work just fine at lower volumes. if you wanted to crank it up you could get monitors.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
i have the jbl lsr 305s and they work great. or you could grab the 308s for $400 total and they are even better.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
My opinion only: I prefer Amplitube to Bias. I've tweaked quite a lot with both sims, and got way better results with Amplitube than Bias. In Amplitube 3, I was not a fan of their cab sims, but Amplitube 4 now has redesigned their cab sim with Cab Room, and I'm getting some pretty decent tones out of it. Can't say the same with Bias, something about it sounded too thin for my taste, no matter how much I tweaked it.

Don't know how is Amplitube on iPad though, but I suppose it should be pretty similar to the PC version.

Both offer demo versions on PC. If they do offer demo versions on iPad as well, try them out and see which one you prefer.
Last edited by DanyFS at Feb 16, 2016,
lepou and reaper are a bit better than amplitube, def worth looking into.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by DanyFS
My opinion only: I prefer Amplitube to Bias. I've tweaked quite a lot with both sims, and got way better results with Amplitube than Bias. In Amplitube 3, I was not a fan of their cab sims, but Amplitube 4 now has redesigned their cab sim with Cab Room, and I'm getting some pretty decent tones out of it. Can't say the same with Bias, something about it sounded too thin for my taste, no matter how much I tweaked it.

Don't know how is Amplitube on iPad though, but I suppose it should be pretty similar to the PC version.

Both offer demo versions on PC. If they do offer demo versions on iPad as well, try them out and see which one you prefer.

I think Bias is way better than amplitube but:

Quote by romeozdistress
lepou and reaper are a bit better than amplitube, def worth looking into.

I agree with this way more.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I think Bias is way better than amplitube but:

I agree with this way more.

Yeah, I've seen some people getting some good tones out of Bias, but it just doesn't seems to work for me. At the end of the day, to each his own I guess.

I agree with romeoz as well, sometimes I find myself using Lepou's sims with IRs or Amplitube 4s Cab room, with the amp head of Amplitube bypassed. Definitely worth looking into Lepou + Reaper as well. Considering TS uses free IRs as well, he won't need to spend a dime to get nice tones.
Well I got the money tonight to get me either a mackie single monitor, an alto 8' speaker or a behringer 12' pa speaker....which would you get?
i would get the best studio monitors i could afford. and instead of getting an ipad i would have gotton an audio interface for 1/6 of the price.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by jamesdolecek
Well I got the money tonight to get me either a mackie single monitor, an alto 8' speaker or a behringer 12' pa speaker....which would you get?
Generally speaking I'd go with Mackie, they make good shit. Which one is it?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Oh the little 5" one? You might be better off with the 8" Alto then - as long as it's powered.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification