I've had the itch for a 7-string after messing around with a Demon 7 and JS22-7. However, given how cheap I was looking, it seemed kinda iffy for what you got. Over the course of reading, I ran across mentions of the Washburn WG-587 and I became more interested in it as it seemed to blow past pretty much everything else in the sub-$200 7 string category, especially in the used department I was checking out.

So, I found one for $79.99 online at Guitar Center. For that price, it's pretty hard to go wrong, so I bit. Got it in today, and the packaging was excellent--GC hasn't disappointed me so far.

Anyway, the neck is definitely more akin to Ibanez and with the 25.5" scale, the entire neck is easy for me to access. The headstock has Grover tuners on it, FTW!
The body has a few nicks, and some of the bridge's paint is worn. The rubber plug (or whatever it's called) on the pickup selector is missing, but is functional. The pickups are stock, and while not on the same level as the EMG H4's on my Damien, they're better than the stock on my Squire.

I haven't played with many 7-strings, however, if anyone is looking for a dirt-cheap seven and you see a 587, it would be worth it to check out.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
I used to have this same guitar but in silver.
Pretty fun for the price man, The neck pickup actually sounds pretty good clean.
But you're crazy if you think that weird shaped neck is anywhere close to an Ibanez
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
This is my WG587 MiC S/N: SN 0C04031626

I have Washburn guitars 'Maverick Series' and bass 'Bantam Series' and a few pedals and amps, but man I wish to have more patience and drive practicing my playing, if it's equal to the modding itch, then I'm golden.
I had one of those a decade ago. It's not a bad guitar on a budget. I can also say that I wasn't a fan of the neck.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Kyleisthename
I used to have this same guitar but in silver.
Pretty fun for the price man, The neck pickup actually sounds pretty good clean.
But you're crazy if you think that weird shaped neck is anywhere close to an Ibanez

Ibanez is the closest I could think of as a comparison. I've also played with the RG8 a bit recently, so that might be why. Either way, the neck is great in the hands.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
Congrats on the new acquisition!

If it plays well for $79 it sounds like you got a great deal, I had a seven string itch a few years back but didn't want to spend a fortune on one I had a friend who was needing cash and sold me a mint condition Schecter Damien Elite 7 with EMG 81/85 for $200 it has satisfied my 7 string needs, I'm a 6 string guy so this one works fine for what I needed.

HNGD rock on!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge