Ok so ... im hopeless with wiring, but im using a guitar right now which has 2 humbuckers, a 5 way blade and 1 volume, 1 tone. I want to get rid of the tone knob and just have 1 master volume/tone. i have looked at wiring diagrams but they hurt me .. all i want to know is the easiest way to do this .. do i just take the wires from the tone pot and solder them to the volume pot in the same places as they were on the tone ? or am i completely wrong and have to mess about with the 5 way and stuff like that ?

i know i havent worded this very well and apologies if this is in the wrong place,

Thanks
You can't use the same pot as both a volume and a tone. They have fundamentally different functions. Are you certain you understand what a tone pot does? Also, why do you want to remove the tone knob?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by K33nbl4d3
You can't use the same pot as both a volume and a tone. They have fundamentally different functions. Are you certain you understand what a tone pot does? Also, why do you want to remove the tone knob?

Im just used to having a guitar with 1 knob, (i just always assumed it was controlling volume and tone), i never use the tone and having only 1 control is just something i prefer, plus the extra space will mean i can put a kill switch in without having to drill a hole haha.
Last edited by jamiedocherty1 at Feb 17, 2016,
Thanks so much for the help, but ive been looking into it and im pretty sure what im looking for is just a volume pot, like this .. http://www.espguitars.com/products/10034-e-ii-m-ii-fm-stblk?category_id=1963528-m-series-guitars .. except with the 5 way blade instead of the 3 way switch, so basically now my question is, where do i solder the wires that currently go to the tone pot ?
Last edited by jamiedocherty1 at Feb 17, 2016,
Yeah, you can just remove them altogether, but make sure that you keep the ground wire from the back of the volume pot connected to the sleeve contact of the jack.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
So much easier than i was making it out to be haha maybe its time i learned how this stuff works, the unknown can be frightening lolol

Thank you all so much.
the only way you'd get a volume/tone knob is by using a concentric knob, it looks like an alien but you'd have two pots stacked.

two volume and a 5 way blade are a nice option, ask yourself how much the tone knob is getting used, it's a nice option to have but how many guys i know who have dust on theirs compared to those who know how to use it is staggering.

these are concentric knobs, i grabbed two from an ebay seller, B500k/B500k for pretty cheap from an american seller and got the knobs from china to create this special tone knob unlike anything else. Unlike a blend pot you see on jazz basses and fender TBX knobs you have complete control over each portion of the pots. So say you want 4 tone and 3 volume you can where as a blend pot would either put the tone to 0 or the volume to 10 or whatever position you're on , on the pot as there is 2 ways to wire it.
Last edited by Tallwood13 at Feb 17, 2016,