I have a good friend who's letting me borrow his KRK monitors for practicing mixing but he's also recommending I buy my own studio headphones. He's offering me his AKG K99 headphones for 20 dollars, but I was wondering if you guys want to recommend me something else?
AKG K99
ATH M40
Fostex T40RP
Quote by Watterboy
Do you have any dilithium crystals or fresh warm dumps for sale
My personal favorite are the Sennheiser HD280's, but the AKG K99 normally retails for 4x the price he's offering them for. I'd take it!
Depends on how much money you want to spend.
A pair of used AKG k240 studio maybe?
Or a pair of used ATH-M50?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
See if you can find a pair of Sony MDR-V6. They can be had for as low as $50 New when marked down on sale. They have been around for years and are a proven favorite of many in the studio and on tour. Nearly identical to the MDR-7506.
Mustang v2 III/IV●EXP-1●FUSE●REMUDA●Yamaha THR10C
Epi LP Florentine Pro●LP Cstm Pros●LP PlusTop Pro●Sheraton-II Pro
Cstm Strat Vntg Noiseless●Guild D-55
So Creek Cables●BOSS RC-1●RS7500
D'Addario Strings●Vari-Grip●Planet Lock Straps
Quote by TwoPlusTwo
I have a good friend who's letting me borrow his KRK monitors for practicing mixing but he's also recommending I buy my own studio headphones. He's offering me his AKG K99 headphones for 20 dollars, but I was wondering if you guys want to recommend me something else?

If they're in good condition, take the k99.
I bought them for my dad to listen to his home stereo and tested them on a few mixer and they're good.
Quote by diabolical
If they're in good condition, take the k99.
I bought them for my dad to listen to his home stereo and tested them on a few mixer and they're good.

I second this. Otherwise eBay is excellent. Used gear that if you're careful, hardly anyone has used.

I love my HD280pro's but they're quite quiet and thus an acquired taste.
I use K99s, and my favorite part about them is they don't sit heavy on your ears like Grados or Fostex do, and aren't closed like the lower A-T cans.
Quote by Watterboy
Do you have any dilithium crystals or fresh warm dumps for sale