Page 1 of 3
I haven't seen any ukulele threads so I thought I'd start one. I just bought my first ukulele although I really learned how to play when I was 17. It's a Caramel Zebrawood Tenor Uke. Sorry I can't post a pic, a lot of my pictures won't upload on here.
Below is basically what I want to see in this thread

•What ukulele(s) do you have?
•Post pics
•Any ukes you got your eye on to buy?
•How long you been playing?
•Do you prefer soprano, concert, tenor, or baritone?
•Favorite ukulele player?
•High G or Low G?

And anything else you want to add
I have a Dolphin and a Korala Concert.

Did play for about 2 year but life has got in the way over the last 12 months or so. Wanna get back into it.

Prefer concert because it still sounds like a uke but there's room on the fretboard for my hands.

But then I play it with a Low G so idk.

Confession: Eddie Vedder is the only uke album I actually have. I don't really like uke music. I like playing songs I like on a uke because I can't be bothered to learn guitar properly.

Also ukulele enthusiasts are some of the strangest people you'll ever meet. And not in a good way a lot of the time.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

- Have 5 ukes - 2 tenor, 1 concert, 2 soprano
- See profile
- Would love a banjolele
- about 2 years
- soprano and tenor for sound, concert for scale, and baritones suck imo
- Mick Conway (You will probably never know who that is)
- No preference, only with certain songs, for example, tuning to open C requires tuning A down to G, which leaves you with two Gs, so a low is more useful when I play Bron-Y-Aur Stomp

Also we're going to get eaten alive by guitar players any minute now

Quote by RAB11 at #33840513
Also ukulele enthusiasts are some of the strangest people you'll ever meet. And not in a good way a lot of the time.

yeah a lot of them are dickheads
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Last edited by Pastafarian96 at Feb 18, 2016,
Quote by RAB11
I have a Dolphin and a Korala Concert.

Did play for about 2 year but life has got in the way over the last 12 months or so. Wanna get back into it.

Prefer concert because it still sounds like a uke but there's room on the fretboard for my hands.

But then I play it with a Low G so idk.

Confession: Eddie Vedder is the only uke album I actually have. I don't really like uke music. I like playing songs I like on a uke because I can't be bothered to learn guitar properly.

Lol cool. I prefer tenor because my hands are kind of big so I need the space to actaully play and I love the sound of it. It has a more full-bodied sound if that makes sense. And high G for me currently. I actually don't have a favorite uke player right now. I just like this guy on youtube that makes tutorial videos and cover songs. I never seen someone play blues on a ukulele, it was pretty cool.
Quote by paramore418 at #33840522
I never seen someone play blues on a ukulele, it was pretty cool.

I play slide on uke
simplified C6 tuning, it's great
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by Pastafarian96
- See profile
- Would love a banjolele
- about 2 years
- No preference, only with certain songs, for example, tuning to open C requires tuning A down to G, which leaves you with two Gs, so a low is more useful when I play Bron-Y-Aur Stomp

Nice. Back when I was proper into it I was after a six-string version of that Lanikai Tenor.

If I ever buy another a six string will probably be what I get. Not a guitalele because I may as well capo one of my guitars, but one with the C and A strings doubled.

Also huu on open C. Once tried playing sort of fake slide on my uke using open C and some distortion. Sounded better than it had any right to. That was back when I was on a uke forum and doing like two or three videos a week for the song challenge thing they have over there though.

EDIT: This is one. Haven't watched it in a while so it may seem crap now idk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CJCPxdBRBk

Last edited by RAB11 at Feb 18, 2016,
Quote by Pastafarian96
- See profile
- Would love a banjolele
- about 2 years

Haha baritones just sound too much like a guitar to me. They're basically the bottom 4 strings on a guitar which makes me skeptical to buy one.
Quote by Pastafarian96
I play slide on uke
simplified C6 tuning, it's great

Awesome
Quote by RAB11 at #33840530
Nice. Back when I was proper into it I was after a six-string version of that Lanikai Tenor.

If I ever buy another a six string will probably be what I get. Not a guitalele because I may as well capo on of my guitars, but one with the C and A strings double.

Also huu on open C. Once tried playing sort of fake slide on my uke using open C and some distortion. Sounded better than it had any right to. That was back when I was on a uke forum and doing like two or three videos a week for the song challenge thing they have over there though.

I was actually playing it when this thread was started, and still am.

guitaleles aren't real ukuleles imo, there's a limit to what you can really call a uke before you realise that it's really a guitar. Also huu on the six string, the drones on the individual strings are cool, as opposed to the 8 string ones, which are full but a little tacky (again imo, but it is the equivalent of a 12 string and despite owning one, they are usually kinda stupid, an exception being in The Rooftop Singer's "Walk Right In" which is awesome), but there's something quaint about 6 strings that I like.

If I was any good, I'd do that song challenge, but I'm not, so I won't.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by Pastafarian96
I was actually playing it when this thread was started, and still am.

guitaleles aren't real ukuleles imo, there's a limit to what you can really call a uke before you realise that it's really a guitar. Also huu on the six string, the drones on the individual strings are cool, as opposed to the 8 string ones, which are full but a little tacky (again imo, but it is the equivalent of a 12 string and despite owning one, they are usually kinda stupid, an exception being in The Rooftop Singer's "Walk Right In" which is awesome), but there's something quaint about 6 strings that I like.

If I was any good, I'd do that song challenge, but I'm not, so I won't.

I basically want a six-string to play She Sells Sanctuary by The Cult, no idea why I just think it'd sound good.

Also Can't Keep by Vedder but I play that on my normal ukes anyway.

Got an empty flat on Saturday. Gonna learn some songs I think.

that is a good reason for a six string

Alone time is ukulele time, because no-one else wants to hear you - the sad truth of the ukulele player
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by Pastafarian96
that is a good reason for a six string

Alone time is ukulele time, because no-one else wants to hear you - the sad truth of the ukulele player

Preach.

Which is precisely why I used to be one of the back-up leaders of what was once given the title of the best ukulele group in Australia. Because there were people who didn't judge me on my affliction.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by Pastafarian96
Which is precisely why I used to be one of the back-up leaders of what was once given the title of the best ukulele group in Australia. Because there were people who didn't judge me on my affliction.

The worst is going to open mics, and you get guys going 'your guitar's shrunk in the wash m8'.

And then you play something other than George Formby and they're all not quite sure what's just happened.

Quote by RAB11 at #33840579
The worst is going to open mics, and you get guys going 'your guitar's shrunk in the wash m8'.

And then you play something other than George Formby and they're all not quite sure what's just happened.

yeah
When everyone's just "Are you going to play Tip Toe Through The Tulips?" or something stupid like that and you just rip out Stairway To Heaven in reggae and they're all "wtf am I witnessing?"
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by Pastafarian96

yummy :licklips:
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
baritone ukes are the only ones that dont annoy me. I think I just know too many bad uke players, and theyve ruined them for me.

A buddy of mine had a sweet resonator baritone. Sounded crazy nice
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Played ukulele for years but always found them limiting, I got a 'guitalele' last year and love it. It's a 6 string ukulele/guitar tuned to A standard.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Eyyyy baeeeee I got the answer to all of those questions and I'll gladly give you them if you could just hook me up wit dem digits real quick then we'll be all set. XD XD
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Ukulele players are only a step above didgeridoo players
PM me for newts
Quote by StewieSwan

googled that unwillingly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaBI1SqIhak

now I have a strange feeling between disgust and excitement from discovering a fetish...
Quote by arcanom
Mint and chocolate shouldnt be togather.
"Literally Worst Post of 2k16" approved by After Eight Lovers...
Quote by StewieSwan

Better than silly Asian flute players.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by paramore418
I haven't seen any ukulele threads so I thought I'd start one. I just bought my first ukulele although I really learned how to play when I was 17. It's a Caramel Zebrawood Tenor Uke. Sorry I can't post a pic, a lot of my pictures won't upload on here.
Below is basically what I want to see in this thread

•What ukulele(s) do you have?
•Post pics
•Any ukes you got your eye on to buy?
•How long you been playing?
•Do you prefer soprano, concert, tenor, or baritone?
•Favorite ukulele player?
•High G or Low G?

And anything else you want to add

I have two tenor ukulele's. For my purposes a high G string seems to work better. I tune them like a guitar although they sound better tuned higher nevertheless they still sound okay tuned down.
Here is the song: strawberry fields forever : you have to turn it up I did not record this very loud but it sounds good I would not post it here but it like it did.

For the technically minded it is a well, by golly, I forgot the brand name. The sticker fell off. Yes, on the headstock was a sticker with the brand. It does have Fishman electronics and a solid spruce top. They didn't skimp on the important stuff.

I covered up the marker.on the 10th fret with brown paint. And put a white marker on the ninth fret, like a guitar. Okay here's the recording.
http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=13176743&q=hi&newref=1
Last edited by yope at Feb 18, 2016,
Quote by theogonia777
Better than silly Asian flute players.

take you a while to think that one up?
PM me for newts
Quote by RAB11
Answer: Yes.

Alright then, but I would advise you to be a little more responsible with my money
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Eyyyy baeeeee I got the answer to all of those questions and I'll gladly give you them if you could just hook me up wit dem digits real quick then we'll be all set. XD XD

You're just everywhere aren't you
Quote by paramore418 at #33841180
You're just everywhere aren't you

he's unstoppable
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

My girlfriend and I recently started uke lessons. Our version of Cllementine with the Eddy Finn Minnows would bring tears to you eyes. Big Fun.
Quote by StewieSwan
take you a while to think that one up?

two seconds maybe
Quote by ultimate-slash
Question: Do I impulse buy a ukulele online tonight?

Lol yes if you want
Quote by yope
I have two tenor ukulele's. For my purposes a high G string seems to work better. I tune them like a guitar although they sound better tuned higher nevertheless they still sound okay tuned down.
Here is the song: strawberry fields forever : you have to turn it up I did not record this very loud but it sounds good I would not post it here but it like it did.

For the technically minded it is a well, by golly, I forgot the brand name. The sticker fell off. Yes, on the headstock was a sticker with the brand. It does have Fishman electronics and a solid spruce top. They didn't skimp on the important stuff.

I covered up the marker.on the 10th fret with brown paint. And put a white marker on the ninth fret, like a guitar. Okay here's the recording.
http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=13176743&q=hi&newref=1

Tenor ukuleles for the win!
Quote by Venice King
Played ukulele for years but always found them limiting, I got a 'guitalele' last year and love it. It's a 6 string ukulele/guitar tuned to A standard.

I thought about buying a 6 string but it reminds me too much of a guitar so I'll stick with 4. I might consider an 8 string tho, never played one before.
Just get a lute instead. People also think that my mandolin is a fucking ukulele.
Quote by RAB11

If I ever buy another a six string will probably be what I get. Not a guitalele because I may as well capo one of my guitars, but one with the C and A strings doubled.

EDIT: This is one. Haven't watched it in a while so it may seem crap now idk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CJCPxdBRBk

ehhh sounds too much like a guitar :/
Page 1 of 3