Hi guys

I have a Valveking MH20 which I am unable to crank it loud due to neighbours. However it does have headphone line and XLR out so I'm thinking maybe running one of these to monitors so I can turn the amp up loud to get the best out the amp but then use the monitors to bring it back down to normal volumes would create a better sound. At the moment I'm just using a Marshall 1x12.

Would this be worthwhile/possible?
Quote by Shelders
Hi guys

I have a Valveking MH20 which I am unable to crank it loud due to neighbours. However it does have headphone line and XLR out so I'm thinking maybe running one of these to monitors so I can turn the amp up loud to get the best out the amp but then use the monitors to bring it back down to normal volumes would create a better sound. At the moment I'm just using a Marshall 1x12.

Would this be worthwhile/possible?

If the monitors are powered then yes it will work. But use the DI out on the amp or it will sound like crap with no cab sims. I don't know how good the headphone out is, I haven used it on that amp.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
If the monitors are powered then yes it will work. But use the DI out on the amp or it will sound like crap with no cab sims. I don't know how good the headphone out is, I haven used it on that amp.

The lineout/XLR out is cabinet simulated just so any readers know.
why dont you just put it on one watt mode?
make sure you keep the cab connected if you use the direct out
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by Shelders
The lineout/XLR out is cabinet simulated just so any readers know.

Yeah I know that, but most headphone jacks on tube amps sound like crap. That is why I said to use the DI feature
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Interesting discussion. None of my tube amps are new enough to have line/XLR outputs. I have tube *preamps* that do, of course.

My brain suggests that cranking an amp to "get the most out of it" involves the power amp section, however, and if you're cranking it, it's still too loud. If you can eliminate the power amp section and if you're then simulating the power section and/or simulating a 4x12 cabinet (my old tube preamps have that capability), then why bother cranking the amp at all?
If you have an interface you can run direct out to that through cab sims. More options than just the simulated cab. (If you can turn off the emulation) Always wanted to try this with a Classic 20 MH