I love going to rock and punk shows but have no idea how to find out when there are shows in the city. I know of a couple of venues here that I like to go to but I'm sure that there are smaller bands playing loads of small places around here that I don't know of. How in the world do you find out about these gigs? I live in a huge city and music is everywhere. I just don't know how to find it, any tips?
Join your town's local music group on Facebook if you're looking for unknown people. If not I just look at the 'What's On' pages of the two or three venues around here.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Facebook groups, being in a band, meeting/making friends with other bands, etc. mainly just networking at shows and shit. Theres also "ask a punk" kind of shows out here to find addresses for house shows. Works well enough.

Booking yer own shows is the best too. DIY bruh
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Oh yeah, I should probably mention that I would have to find all-ages places.
Thanks for the input so far guys!
Go to other band's shows, buy them a beer and make friends with them. Mention your band, ask if they need an opener. That's how I got probably a third of my shows with startup bandss.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
my friend hooks me up
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
You need a guy?
Name a time I'll name a place.
cash up front.
wear an orange jacket.
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.