Not sure if this is the correct place to put this topic, but i recently bought some strap locks and one of the screws stripped one of the holes. Now the screw can't screw back in. Is there a fix to this? I've heard of the toothpick and glue method, but i wanted to check to see if anyone here has tried it.
Toothpick and glue works, and lasts. I've done it on basswood, so it should work with pretty much any wood.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Quote by K33nbl4d3
Toothpick and glue works, and lasts. I've done it on basswood, so it should work with pretty much any wood.

Did you use regular glue or wood glue?
Yeah, toothpick and glue works. My les paul and crying star have both had this treatment. If you don't want to do that, the professional option is to drill the hole out, glue in some dowel, wait for it to dry and then put the screw in again. Personally I'd rather put toothpicks to my guitars then a drill.
Regular glue I think you'll find is wood glue. Are you talking about PVA? I mean, what other glues are there? Plastic glue? Titebond?
Quote by dragonzrmetal
Regular glue I think you'll find is wood glue. Are you talking about PVA? I mean, what other glues are there? Plastic glue? Titebond?

Im talking about this type of stuff..http://www.dickblick.com/products/elmers-carpenters-wood-glue/?clickTracking=true&wmcp=pla&wmcid=items&wmckw=23893-1004&gclid=CjwKEAiA9JW2BRDxtaq2ruDg22oSJACgtTxcGOAJbw80ArhL2aZirTEo5Ui1SbwwflTocMUAoB8O0BoCy13w_wcB

It says in the description that it penetrates wood and bonds with it deeper than regular glue. I'm not sure if this type of glue is necessary though.
Not necessary. You just need a tiny bit of PVA to keep the toothpick(s) in place while you screw; the friction is plenty to do the structural work.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 
Quote by K33nbl4d3
Not necessary. You just need a tiny bit of PVA to keep the toothpick(s) in place while you screw; the friction is plenty to do the structural work.

Ok thanks. Hopefully, this works and i don't fuck up my guitar
It was said before but it's worth reiterating: use a very tiny dab of glue. You're not gluing the screw in, you're just shimming it. If you glue it in you'll never get it out again and you'll mess up the finish if you try.

If you get the right fit and the hole is not too misshapen you can do it without any glue at all. I've had a toothpick shim in my LP for going on 10 years now, no glue and it's solid as a rock.