CLICK ON THIS LINK TO ZOOM IN AND GET MINDBLOWN

http://www.spacetelescope.org/images/heic1502a/zoomable/

This image, captured with the NASA/ESA Hubble Space Telescope, is the largest and sharpest image ever taken of the Andromeda galaxy — otherwise known as M31.

This is a cropped version of the full image and has 1.5 billion pixels. You would need more than 600 HD television screens to display the whole image.

It is the biggest Hubble image ever released and shows over 100 million stars and thousands of star clusters embedded in a section of the galaxy’s pancake-shaped disc stretching across over 40 000 light-years.

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

this makes me feel very small

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Fascinating. I cant help but to see patterns formed by the clusters.

yeah I'm sure you'll find a Fibonacci sequence in there somewhere and relate it to weed and music theory somehow

OT: That image was released a while ago now. Always fun to look at, though.
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Fascinating. I cant help but to see patterns formed by the clusters.

You are so obnoxious
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by EndTheRapture51 at #33841386
this makes me feel very small

yea, it's fucking crazy
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by StewieSwan
yeah I'm sure you'll find a Fibonacci sequence in there somewhere and relate it to weed and music theory somehow

I never understood the fascination with the Fibonacci sequence.

Did you know there are infinite Fibonacci sequences? Just start it with 2 numbers different than 0 and 1.
For example, 4 - 7 - 11 - 18 - 29 - 47 - etc is another "fibonacci sequence". But where is the "fascination" with this sequence?

This is fiboracism.
Quote by gonzaw

Did you know there are infinite Fibonacci sequences? Just start it with 2 numbers different than 0 and 1.
For example, 4 - 7 - 11 - 18 - 29 - 47 - etc is another "fibonacci sequence". But where is the "fascination" with this sequence?

This is fiboracism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCDjP4JnpGU
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by gonzaw

This is fiboracism.

Those Fibonazis
Quote by gonzaw

This is fiboracism.

imagine my surprise when i found out there was an entire journal dedicated to the fibonnaci sequence. fiboracism at its finest.

edit: http://www.fq.math.ca/

smh
Last edited by Godsmack_IV at Feb 18, 2016,
Quote by StewieSwan

I wish I could relate the geometry of the universe to music theory, that would make my life. Don't be jealous nothing fascinates you and you have to resort to making fun of people on the internet.

The fascination isnt of the fibonacci sequence, it is of the golden ratio, usually expressed with numbers of the fibonacci sequence. If you are like me and you like to count things, you will discover these numbers exist everywhere. I would also bet a large sum of money if i had a large sum of money that gravity sets the stars in place in respect to one another on an imaginary grid made purely from the golden ratio if you mapped them out.

good thread
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
I wish I could relate the geometry of the universe to music theory, that would make my life. Don't be jealous nothing fascinates you and you have to resort to making fun of people on the internet.

The fascination isnt of the fibonacci sequence, it is of the golden ratio, usually expressed with numbers of the fibonacci sequence. If you are like me and you like to count things, you will discover these numbers exist everywhere. I would also bet a large sum of money if i had a large sum of money that gravity sets the stars in place in respect to one another on an imaginary grid made purely from the golden ratio if you mapped them out.

The golden ratio IS fibonacci, at least when it shows up in the physical world (most of the time, unless I'm missing some cases).
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Space fascinates me and I guarantee I know a shitload more about it than you
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
yet again peppers can't comprehend people having a different viewpoint.

I'd say fascination is a human trait that basically everyone has. Sometimes what fascinates one person doesn't seem worthy of the word to another.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Outstanding! Thanks for posting.
Mustang v2 III/IV●EXP-1●FUSE●REMUDA●Yamaha THR10C
Epi LP Florentine Pro●LP Cstm Pros●LP PlusTop Pro●Sheraton-II Pro
Cstm Strat Vntg Noiseless●Guild D-55
So Creek Cables●BOSS RC-1●RS7500
D'Addario Strings●Vari-Grip●Planet Lock Straps