Hello, I am looking to get my second electric guitar. I've played on an Epiphone for years and have progressed pretty well on the instrument. I wanted to get a PRS Custom 24 SE which a lot of sites say about 1000$ Canadian. But every time I see them they are like 5-10 year old guitars and more than likely used, not to say either are deterrents for purchasing a guitar, I just would prefer getting a brand new one.

Otherwise if that wouldn't work out than my price range is 1000-1500$ Canadian and if it isn't PRS I am looking for a guitar with really clear and fluid sounds like Chon or Intervals most recent album, I am willing to spend extra to change the pick ups and I know a lot of the guitar sound comes from the equipment but I am just looking for something on the Math Rock/Progressive Metal type of sound that is reliable and good for the price. I am willing to spend 1500$ in total on the guitar alone and then replace the pickups after.
Get a Prestige Ibanez. Can't beat them for rock, and there are more available than the PRS's.
We're just a battery for hire with the guitar fire
Ready and aimed at you
Pick up your balls and load up your cannon
For a twenty one gun salute
For those about to rock, FIRE!
We salute you
Quote by 21GunSalute
Get a Prestige Ibanez. Can't beat them for rock, and there are more available than the PRS's.

Anyone in specific I should look for that has a more Math Rock/Jazz sound to it? Handling Djenty and mid range stuff is always a plus too.
Based on what I saw in CHON's videos and confirmed by a Redit AMA with the guitarists they use Ibanez RG 321 and RG 421 guitars - FYI those aren't high end models, and it looks like they are even using the stock pickups.

The sound they get is mostly going to be their fingers and their amp/effects just to keep in mind.
So I am a senior in high school, and I am making a guitar for a project. I was wondering what type of stains I should use that can be bought at a hardware store. The wood is mahogany. help?
^Try starting your own thread to get better responses.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7(*for sale*)
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Quote by brando777
Anyone in specific I should look for that has a more Math Rock/Jazz sound to it? Handling Djenty and mid range stuff is always a plus too.

A Prestige which has humbucker-single-humbucker is going to give you any sound you need in jazz or rock. The specific quality of that sound will depend on playing ability, and also the pickups and amp. I have a 2550z and put Evolution pickups on it. For something with a little less bite, paf pro, air norton, and some other dimarzio pups will be good. However, recent models come with real dimarzio's installed, usually tone zone and air norton I think. That would be a great match for your needs. If going stock, don't worry so much about the specific pick up model as long as it is a real model made by DiMarzio (not dimarzio's IBZ stock pickups). Duncans are also good but for a basswood Ibanez Dimarzio's are a good match.

Also for a cheaper option, RG470's are quality cheaper Ibanez guitars. There's been some change that line so if you go that route take a look into it. You would probably want a pick up change at least in the future if you got one. For the cheaper guitars the biggest concern is the tremolo and that you get a quality one.
We're just a battery for hire with the guitar fire
Ready and aimed at you
Pick up your balls and load up your cannon
For a twenty one gun salute
For those about to rock, FIRE!
We salute you
i recently got a squier john 5. hell of a rock guitar.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A