Right, a while ago, I created a Spotify account by logging in with Facebook.

I currently have the Premium version, etc.

But, I need to deactivate my Facebook account temporarily.

Is there a way to deactivate it but remain with Spotify? Like, migrate my details to another email address or something?
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Hey dude, you will still have a "Spotify" username (not linked to your FB) even though you signed up with FB.

They kind of hide it away but if you go to Spotify Account Overview page (I'm in the UK so my link is: https://www.spotify.com/uk/account/overview/) you should see a Username that is unique to Spotify.

You can use this username to log in even if your FB account is dead.

Hope that helps!
Ok, thanks man!

I found a "set password" to make a different password, but it keeps on giving me an error message.

For the moment, I'm still logged in to Spotify, even though I've deactivated my account.

As soon as it logs me out, I'll try the Spotify username, which I've copied and saved. (It's the numerical one, right?)

Do I use the same password?
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Yeah, it'll be a 'random' username with numbers etc.

It should use the same password but I think (if I remember correctly) you can just go through the "Forgot my Password" process, enter the numerical username when prompted and then change the password.
Ok, thanks a lot, man!
Most welcome, dude. I remember cacking myself when the exact same thing happened to me

Hope you get it all sorted!
Nope, didn't work

I'll just have to not use, and not pay for, Spotify for a while.

What a pain on the ass, if I'd have known this, I would't have made my account with FB, but keeping FB for now isn't worth it.
Quote by macatom
Ah balls.

Looking at the support pages, it looks like the Spotify team will assist with creating a new account for you (I guess this means recreating your playlists and collection etc) so it shouldn't be hard to do.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Can-my-spotify-account-NOT-be-tied-to-my-Facebook/td-p/722257

Yeah, I've been emailing them. I'll just create a new account, and transfer the playlists, friends, artists etc.

Thank I've only been paying monthly, and it runs out in two days time.